Why is Aldo getting a title shot again?

He’s a GOAT contender and deserves it after getting screwed out of his Conor rematch.

Doesn't translate into PPV buys

Aldo-headlined PPVs have always done horrible numbers
Who do you think is the biggest draw at 135? Cruz maybe. Could you imagine Cruz vs Aldo for the title with both coming off two losses

How about just giving it to the most deserving contender like a real sport?

None of them are draws anyway
It's bs that you had the #1, #2, #3, and the #4 all coming off wins and they were looking past all but one of them

I think management is in agreement that he beat Marlon, so they are acting as if he won according to the judges.

I agree. There is no good reason for him getting a title shot. It is a freaking joke. Especially in a division with so many more worthy fighters. I love the UFC but they are a joke in how they divvy out title shots.

How about just giving it to the most deserving contender like a real sport?

None of them are draws anyway
We both know the UFC doesn't work strictly that way. They've always pushed name fights in the last decade or so. Plus with the new owners needing cash, they're gonna with 'money' fights rather than strictly ranking. Aldo might not be a huge draw, but he'll pull more than what a casual fan would call a no name.

Let Aldo get one last legacy Ts. It won’t do too much harm.

And I thought he beat Marlon

Any combo of the 4 fighting and the winners fighting is fine with me. I think sterling is the most deserving to be fighting for the strap first though.

1. 2 fight losing streak
2. Not a draw
3. Only reason he was booked for a title shot initially was because Cejudo wanted an easy fight

Am I missing something here?
Agreed. He doesn’t deserve it

Yan fighting for the belt is a joke. His only legit win is Rivera.

Sterling's got three top five wins, and he beat Rivera easier than Yan did.
Yan the man Cejudo ducked and left the sport

Back