Why isn't Chael a commentator?

He commentated a little for WSOF, he wasn't that good.

Because he's far too long winded and his voice is annoying as fuck.

i don't think his voice is the problem, more like the 'standoffish' tone he speaks in most of the time.

i do like the content he brings in his youtube channel though

I think it's cool he works with both UFC and Bellator.

He commentates for SUG and previously WSOF. I like his analysis and youtube channel but he has the tendency to repeat a few soundbites.

I find him annoying, not his trash talk but just the fact that he always tries to make MMA about entertainment, almost as if he wants it to be like WWE. I want it to be seen as a real sport where the athletes don't have to play a role for every damn fight. If there is a beef between two fighters then it's fine, but to do it purely for entertainment is just cringe. Jones vs DC was exciting because you could feel the tension and the fact that it was real beef. Do you remember how cringe Masvidal vs Nate Diaz press conference was? that's the shit I don't like. While Ben vs Masvidal was exciting because I genuinely believe Askren was a bit of an ass towards Masvidal and that it wasn't just Ben trying to sell the fight, and he paid for it in the cage.

It's a HUGE mistake by the UFC to not use Chael's talent and appeal. Most MMA fans love his commentary. The few millennials on here that don't care for him don't really count.

Because the UFC produces their content. Thus the commentators are their own, as are the announcers, cameramen, etc. They simply sell the broadcasting rights, not the producing rights. Thus ESPN just gets to show the content the UFC provides.

It's not like many other sports where each broadcaster might also control the producing, thus them having their own commentators, HUDs (for lack of a better word of the on screen scores, stats, etc.), angles, and what not as the league is simply selling them access to the event. In such a case, CBS, NBC, etc., will determine what to show during the event.

Chael, through ESPN, does still get other exclusive content like post-fight interviews and immediate content rights.

Joe, Bisping and cheal would be a great combo.

thank fuck that hes not, that high pitch shrill voice he has when he trying to talk loudly would make everyone turn it off

Back