Michael Chiesa has never won a fight by (T)KO

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Was going thru his wiki and saw that he had never finished a fight with strikes.

Made me realize that Mike is among the most one dimensional fighters to have success today. He wins his fights by being the bigger guy on top. At least his fights are entertaining though especially if you like grappling.

I get stick at what you are good at, but I some tall guy strikes like jabs, kicks and knees might allow him to be more useful. I mean, imagine him versus Usman. It would be ugly

He will lose as soon a he fight a real sozed WW in the top 5, not RDA or Diego Sanchez.

He had good matchmaking but now way he can beat Usman, Covingtonor Edwards. He'd maybe beat the ghost version of Woodley. And maybe Burns too but I favor Burns honestly.

He did drop Masvidal, so it's not like he doesn't have pop. His striking is just the means to an end at the end of the day, even when he's on top looking to finish the fight - trying to find ways to make his opponent give up the neck.

Did that to Jim Miller. Just beat him half to death and took the neck when offered. Nasty, hairy guy.

He’s kind of like the Ben Henderson 2.0

wouldn't call him one dimensional, his striking isn't terrible, not at all
one dimensional is askren or maia

He's for sure not a striker.

I can’t stand him. All he does is complain about everything and is a major sore loser.

Agreed TS his style is among the least-watchable styles in MMA.

he did TKO 1 or 2 guys on TUF from GNP, but yeah he's not a striker. i'd imagine he'll get some more GNP finishes eventually, his top game is very strong.

funnily enough he dropped masvidal hard in their fight.

I like grapplers that make a fight of things with their grappling, so I appreciate him in the cage

He better damn well hope he gets Perry down else he is going to get banged out and quick

Was going thru his wiki and saw that he had never finished a fight with strikes.

Made me realize that Mike is among the most one dimensional fighters to have success today. He wins his fights by being the bigger guy on top. At least his fights are entertaining though especially if you like grappling.

I get stick at what you are good at, but I some tall guy strikes like jabs, kicks and knees might allow him to be more useful. I mean, imagine him versus Usman. It would be ugly
Not sure if trolling. Chiesa stopped Vick and Lawrence with strikes on TUF.

You dont have to have KOs or TKOs to be a well rounded fighter, or even to be a good striker. Yes Chiesa isn't a great or lethal striker, but it's not like he doesn't strike

I can’t stand him. All he does is complain about everything and is a major sore loser.

Agreed TS his style is among the least-watchable styles in MMA.

Cut him some slack he kills himself to make the weight

16DFCC24-9F91-493E-A7A6-2E9CBA621CDB.jpeg

Back