I think Nunes is going to retire tonight

winkydinks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here are my reasons for thinking so.

1) Her and Nina are about to have their petri dish baby. There's nothing that makes me think the latter wants to retire, so it would make sense for Nunes to be the full-time parent.
2) She's mentioned that her mom really wants her to retire.
3) Barring the very unexpected, she will have defended both of her belts. Thus, she can leave on that high note the way that Cejudo just did.
4) If Felicia does somehow pull off the huge upset, idk how interested Nunes is going to be in regaining the FW strap.
5) There are very few fights left for her in the UFC. I'd love to see the Shevchenko trilogy fight, but neither of them seem desperate to make it happen. Other than that, there's nothing I can forsee besides the winner of Ladd/Mcmann. Lets be real though. Neither of those fights are particularly interesting and they would be afterthoughts when it comes to Nunes's legacy.

Here are my reasons for thinking so.

1) Her and Nina are about to have their petri dish baby. There's nothing that makes me think the latter wants to retire, so it would make sense for Nunes to be the full-time parent.
2) She's mentioned that her mom really wants her to retire.
3) Barring the very unexpected, she will have defended both of her belts. Thus, she can leave on that high note the way that Cejudo just did.
4) If Felicia does somehow pull off the huge upset, idk how interested Nunes is going to be in regaining the FW strap.
5) There are very few fights left for her in the UFC. I'd love to see the Shevchenko trilogy fight, but neither of them seem desperate to make it happen. Other than that, there's nothing I can forsee besides the winner of Ladd/Mcmann. Lets be real though. Neither of those fights are particularly interesting and they would be afterthoughts when it comes to Nunes's legacy.

Good arguments,but I personally feel she will fight at least 4 more times. Mainly for the money. It would be a weird choice to stop in your absolute prime,when you can make an easy few hundred k within 12 months

Yeah babies are expensive so she may want to fight for the money, I actually think she sound more committed now that she did before, she used to talk about wanting just a few more fights then have a family, not anymore.

Possibly yeah. Seems like the time to retire. Its pretty clear that there arent no more real challenges for her.
Beating Spencer will be the famous third generation fighter.
So she beats the older, her own and the younger generation.

The only reason i can see her staying, is she needs the money. But i doubt fighting Anderson or whoever next will earn her alot of that.
She could retire and come back in a few years when a new champ has evolved.

Possibly yeah. Seems like the time to retire. Its pretty clear that there arent no more real challenges for her.

You understand this is her job? Oh, well, there are no challenges so let me turn down money with easy fights I won't have any issues with and take minimal damage????

It is like where is any real world common sense in your post? This isn't a Rocky movie. This is real life with real money and people really got to eat.

nice, less WMMA PPV main events then.

Johnsons as far as the eye can see!

Amanda and Nina do the same job but Amanda is much better at it and makes way more money...
Women dont think like that lol. Nina will keep fighting while amanda stays at home because muh equality.

Nunes won't be able to say no to that easy money. She basically takes no damage.

I hope not we are so lucky to.be witnessing her run. She will hold the goat mantle for decades im sure of it. She is such an amazing athlete and being one of the first openly gay fighters is a huge step for the gay community in sports. Its really an amazing story im such a huge fan of hers.

I can't stand amanda personally I find her to be very annoying but her fights are okay sometimes.

wont miss her if she's gone tbh, but WFW and WBW both suck really badly. I think the title switches hands A LOT with her gone.

Amanda and Nina do the same job but Amanda is much better at it and makes way more money...
That was my thinking too. If one of you is a master mechanic and the other changes oil in the quick lube, why would you retire the mechanic?

Furthermore, Nina is the one that will potentially NEED a break physically, and be the "priority" parent if they're going to breast feed, so TS' theory gets weaker and weaker.

I wouldn't be surprised if she DID retire or take a year off to be with the kid more, but her retiring and Nina continuing seems pretty unlikely to me.

SIDE NOTE: this whole thread was likely just made so TS could take a jab at the artificial insemination/lesbian angle.

Most likely. She has nothing else to do, she beat everyone already.

dana would have a meltdown, all his stars are retiring or asking for releases
This has been a long time coming. Dana need to pay his fighters more. I hope more champs/stars take a stand and leave the UFC. They are NOT REALLY contractors if they don't have the ability to fight in other org's. I hope Triple C, Jones, Masvidal either leaving or demanding their release has an effect on fighter pay and the more stars that follow suit the better.

I love the UFC and I don't hate Dana, but fighter pay needs to go up, plain and simple.

Back