If guys like Jones and Masvidal want to make money, can’t they just go somewhere else?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Like isn’t Japan still big on MMA and I figure they’d be big stars over there especially Jones. I mean if you don’t like your pay and wanna leave then do it but just don’t keep complaining about it. If people like Burns wanna fight for peanuts and get on Dana’s good side then let them and just leave and go make money somewhere else. Like a lot of these fighters in the top 5 really be complaining about money and Dana just laughs when these guys could go make big money overseas tbh.

Only if they are released from their contract. Masvidal is really the only one that the UFC would consider if they were going to go that route. But when you become champion in the UFC, you're kind of stuck because every fighter who signs a contract agrees to the champion's clause. They don't want their current champions leaving to fight in other promotions because then they can no longer claim they have the best in the world for that division.

Didn't Jones recently say on Twitter that he makes more than 5 million per match? Does he or his fans really think that's not enough? Especially considering his performances in the last few years. Little bit of kicks to the knee, little bit of shoulder strikes in the clinch, little bit of (mostly) failed takedowns, and relying on biased jugdges to keep the title.

Damn, pay that man his dozens of millions that he deserves!

Last edited:
Didn't Jones recently say on Twitter that he makes more than 5 million per match? Does he or his fans really think that's not enough? Especially considering his performances in the last few years.
I think that’ll be the most he’s ever made and acts like that’s his average, he isn’t getting paid £5M to fight OSP or Anthony Smith

I think they would have to retire for a certain amount of time before they could jon another org. Jorge could fight out his contract and not renew, I dont think champions get the option of not renewing their contract.

Japan hasn't been big on MMA for over a decade, Sherbro.

Japan hasn't been big on MMA for over a decade, Sherbro.
Well can’t they go to OneFC since they’ve been giving guys like MM and Eddie these big money contracts? I mean if they are this unhappy and don’t wanna unionize then why not leave and stop wasting everyone’s time?

Well can’t they go to OneFC since they’ve been giving guys like MM and Eddie these big money contracts? I mean if they are this unhappy and don’t wanna unionize then why not leave and stop wasting everyone’s time?

One aren't giving out the kind of contracts those guys want.

They can but their manager and the fighters are stupid. Jones is the 2nd or 3rd biggest star currently in the sport and he has 6 fights left on his contract. That’s just dumb

Cant leave if they are under contract.

We can't allow them to leave? <{danayeah}>

We are looking at Felicia Spencer, Jessica Eye and Cynthia Calvillo in the next 2 upcoming Main Events. <31>

UFC is dying memes everywhere if they leave<{danawhoah}>

It cracks me up how people think contracts just don't exist. If you have a contract that says your fighting happens with the UFC, then you can't go anywhere else. An NFL player can't just decide to play for another team, his only choice is to not play.

They’re complaining for the same reason people fought for decades for labor rights: getting a bigger chunk of the company revenue.
Probably they feel UFC is hoarding a huge pct of the revenue

They’re complaining for the same reason people fought for decades for labor rights: getting a bigger chunk of the company revenue.
Probably they feel UFC is hoarding a huge pct of the revenue
There were a few stories about this last year.

Sources tell The Post UFC’s fighters cost the Las Vegas promotions company less than $150 million last year — or under 16 percent of its $900 million in revenue. By contrast, Major League Baseball, the National Basketball Association and the National Football League all share between 48 percent and 50 percent of revenues with their players, data shows.

Its downright criminal by contrast.

Back