GSP on a possible Conor fight.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“The thing is, Conor McGregor, money-wise, I believe is the one that can put the most money on the table. However, I think legacy-wise, I don’t think he’s the guy that legacy-wise."

“I mean, money-wise, for people who are not huge fans of MMA, they know who Conor McGregor is. He’s the main guy, he’s the guy who brought the sport to a different level. He’s, I would say, the most charismatic guy. He sells, the biggest seller in the sport. But talk about legacy. If I come back for legacy, that’s what interests me the most, more than the money. Money, yes, it’s good, but if I come back, it would be more for a legacy match.”

Basically GSP is saying Conor could get him the most money but it would be a squash match and everyone knows it. Make the Khabib fight happen already! That is the fight GSP wants and Khabib wants. And if the red goof don't make it happen soon it won't happen ever.

“The thing is, Conor McGregor, money-wise, I believe is the one that can put the most money on the table. However, I think legacy-wise, I don’t think he’s the guy that legacy-wise."

“I mean, money-wise, for people who are not huge fans of MMA, they know who Conor McGregor is. He’s the main guy, he’s the guy who brought the sport to a different level. He’s, I would say, the most charismatic guy. He sells, the biggest seller in the sport. But talk about legacy. If I come back for legacy, that’s what interests me the most, more than the money. Money, yes, it’s good, but if I come back, it would be more for a legacy match.”

Basically GSP is saying Conor could get him the most money but it would be a squash match and everyone knows it. Make the Khabib fight happen already! That is the fight GSP wants and Khabib wants. And if the red goof don't make it happen soon it won't happen ever.
I'd like to see Khabib build up his resume. despite being 28-0, its not as impressive as Jon Jones 27-1-1. He doesn't have the top elite on his resume yet. He needs to get more names. I was hoping for tony because that would have been big for his legacy, beating another lw potential goat and snapping his streak. But alas, didn't happen. Time to beat show what he can do against gaethje and a few other contenders before fighting gsp.

I'd like to see Khabib build up his resume. despite being 28-0, its not as impressive as Jon Jones 27-1-1. He doesn't have the top elite on his resume yet. He needs to get more names. I was hoping for tony because that would have been big for his legacy, beating another lw potential goat and snapping his streak. But alas, didn't happen. Time to beat show what he can do against gaethje and a few other contenders before fighting gsp.
Would have been great to see prime Cerrone and Tony vs Khabib. Oliveira is an interesting matchup if Khabib beats Gaethje.

Would have been great to see prime Cerrone and Tony vs Khabib. Oliveira is an interesting matchup if Khabib beats Gaethje.
Out of active fighters, I think gaethje is the biggest threat to khabib. I think khabib mauls oliveira

GSP is under-rating Conor here.

I rewatched the Conor/Khabib fight and had Conor up 2-1 going into the 4th round. Anyone can get caught in a sub so if we discount round 4, Conor was actually winning that fight. He even stuffed a few takedowns in round 3. GSP would have his hands full.

<mma3>

Says the guy that came back for a legacy fight vs Bisping.....after ducking a fight with Prime Silva for more than half a decade. I love Bisping, when he won the title it was surreal..but even in his prime he was no match for Silva when he was at his best.

Last edited:
I believe khabib fight would sell more,who wouldn't pay to watch gsp getting mauled for 5 rounds

GSP is under-rating Conor here.

I rewatched the Conor/Khabib fight and had Conor up 2-1 going into the 4th round. Anyone can get caught in a sub so if we discount round 4, Conor was actually winning that fight. He even stuffed a few takedowns in round 3. GSP would have his hands full.

<mma3>
What are you talking about??

In what universe did McGregor win 2 rounds?

What are you talking about??

In what universe did McGregor win 2 rounds?

If you watch closely, when Khabib is punching his face, he's actually hurting his hands more than he is Conor's face.

Dominick Cruz agrees with me and he's a former champion. How many UFC tittles have you won?

Exactly.

Back