Jon Jones speaks out on George Floyd Murder

UsernameLOL

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/27/jon-...gEhOPp1xj17_x4AiGYNXTZPbiPqN4iB3JT5Q7tFRKSjtY

UFC superstar Jon Jones is FURIOUS over the killing of George Floyd -- saying the police officer used a move called a "blood choke" ... and it's worse than torture.

"Anyone who has practiced the very basics of jujitsu recognizes a [blood choke] when they see this," Jones said.

"That was as clear as day murder, torture."

FYI, a blood choke is a stranglehold in which key arteries and jugular veins are constricted, cutting off blood flow to the brain ... as opposed to an air choke, which restricts breathing.

Jones -- who's been a top mixed martial artist for decades -- didn't stop there.

"That whole if you can talk you can breathe crap is bullsh*t. What that man went through was worse than drowning."

"I wouldn't wish the way George Floyd was murdered on my worst enemy. That officer applied just enough pressure to keep him alive for almost six minutes in that chokehold."

"In all my years of fighting I can honestly say I’ve never experienced anything close to that level of torture."

"There needs to be a nationwide policy change. When a man is in handcuffs and is screaming that he cannot breathe. Get the f*ck off his chest and/or neck. If you can't hold a man who is in handcuffs down by his feet you’re a p*ssy and probably shouldn’t be wearing that badge."

George Floyd was killed on May 25 when 4 police officers resounded to a "forgery in progress" call in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

During the incident, one of the officers put his knee on Floyd's neck for 8 MINUTES, despite his pleas that he couldn't breathe.

The 4 officers involved in the incident have since been fired.

Despite all of Jones' shortcomings and controversies, he's right about this. I have to give credit where credit is due.

I dont know wtf that move is called but I definitely agree with what Jones said here. I also disagree with the part where he said he wouldnt wish this on his worst enemies, I definitely would there are about 3 guys and you know who you are. Still that was murder what the officer did to that guy.

As someone who will always try to see things from both sides before making a judgement, there's literally no justifying what the officer did. Straight up murder and all of the other officers around are complicit.

The guy was grounded and cuffed, there was no need for him to be further restrained. Let alone the fact that protocol is knee to shoulder and not knee to neck.

Jon Jones vs. Derek Chauvin on fight island

To the death

Make it happen Dana

53b6eff605544a699f4fab74c09b82e2_sm.jpg
ows_dcf93a05-a6cd-483d-ae8c-2281c7ec4889.jpg

Jones might have wrote that after smashing his car into an infant but hes not wrong.

Damn.
Also, oficer Brown's camera may accidentally turn itself off next time when he meets Jon.

I know Sherdog hates Jon but he’s 100% right here. That incident was a travesty and the killer cop should be charged with murder.

+1
Strange if that cop doesn't get charged with murder. You could control that man obviously without choking him to death. Horrible.

A criminal talking about how police officers should handle suspects lmao...

Next up, John Goodman giving us fitness tips

Criminals are probably a decent source as to how the police is acting. They're criminals, sure, can't be trusted. Can the police?

A goddamn fucking tragedy and travesty. This guy dies because he was allegedly committing forgery?

edit - Jones is a scumbag, but kudos to him for speaking out as someone who has a platform. I hated the fact that Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods never spoke out or took a stand on anything (likely due to the potential of losing sponsors, or they weren't smart enough to have a well thought out opinion). Lebron speaks out and uses his position, Muhammad Ali went to jail for not wanting to go to war, so good on JJ for speaking out about this. There's my rant.

Last edited:
Criminals are probably a decent source as to how the police is acting. They're criminals, sure, can't be trusted. Can the police?

So your theory is that criminals are trusting, honest people and cops are terrible people?

So your theory is that criminals are trusting, honest people and cops are terrible people?

No. My "theory" is that criminals shouldn't be discredited merely cause they're labeled criminals. Cops shouldn't be discredited either based on them being cops.

Back