RDA going back to 155

Nightwish

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He said today that he is working on a 10 days program to prepare his body to go back to the division where he was the champion before. Also said that his manager and the UFC are working on signing another contract. He is very confident and i hope he can make it. War RDA!!!

We really need a 165 division, now would be the perfect time with all these fighters leaving, Poirier vs RDA or Ferguson for the inaugural 165 title on fight island.

<MikeP1>

i hope he can make it and still look the same as he was. he was a beast on his run to the title.
As long as he can make a "healthy" cut and not be totally drained, i think he can have another good run in the division, but he needs to do it now because he is 35.

We really need a 165 division, now would be the perfect time with all these fighters leaving, Poirier vs RDA or Ferguson for the inaugural 165 title on fight island.

<MikeP1>
You couldn't just randomly add a 165 division without also adding a 175 division and getting rid of the 170 division. Since having a 165 and 170 division would be just dumb. But a 165 and 175 division is something I think would be a good idea.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR RDA!!
ZOIB1Z.gif

<MikeP1>
It'd be diaz vs masvidal for sure

You couldn't just randomly add a 165 division without also adding a 175 division and getting rid of the 170 division. Since having a 165 and 170 division would be just dumb. But a 165 and 175 division is something I think would be a good idea.
Of course the 170 division moves up 5 pounds, that goes without saying.

<MikeP1>
Why not 163 ? A weight class In the middle makes more sense

I'd like to see one at 195 as well along with those changes around 170 so it's 10 lb gaps all the way from 125 to 205. Lets guys find their weight classes better, stops ridiculous gaps like there is betwen 185 and 205 lbs. Would be a bit of shuffling around at first but it would work itself out. I think they'd have to wait for a time when the WW belt would be either vacated, or stripped before they could actually axe 170 to do it. Or at the very least the sitting WW champion is in the first title fight for the division of their choosing at 165 or 175. I know some people don't like the idea of the weight class changes, but i'd personally like to see it to have some symmetry in the weight gaps.

He's still be competitive but will likely never see a championship fight again, especially at this pace which is horrid. Khabib is holding the division hostage.

new weight classes needed and get rid of current ones:
130-140 (now flyweight and bantam)
150 (now feather weight)
160 (now LW)
170 (welter, stays the same)
185 (MW, stays the same)
200 (now LHW)
200+ (now HW, no limit upwards)

Back