Why is Conor getting the Next TS @LW so controversial?

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
If he jumped over someone like JG ok but the truth is that theres a massive hole in the LW division and no contenders.

I’m not saying that LW isn’t a deep division because it obviously is but its not like WW where you have 2-4 guys who could legit ask for a title shot and be deserved.

I say give Conor another titleshot and lets see if he still has it.

(After Khabib-Gaethje of course )<Fedor23>)

If he jumped over someone like JG ok but the truth is that theres a massive hole in the LW division and no contenders.

I’m not saying that LW isn’t a deep division because it obviously is but its not like WW where you have 2-4 guys who could legit ask for a title shot and be deserved.

I say give Conor another titleshot and lets see if he still has it.

(After Khabib-Gaethje of course )<Fedor23>)

Hooker deserves it more.
And if Gaethje wins, Poirier deserves it more.

Because he doesn't fight and him getting these title shots just shows what a circus the ufc is. They coddle their money makers and the competition for the belt simply isnt fair. Guys like Conor can win a belt in one or two fights where other guys have to win 10 fucking fights in a row.

Oh yeah HE HASNT FOUGHT AT LW SINCE HE LOST

Probably because he lost pretty badly the last time he went for the title, and his only win since is against a #12 ranked fighter.

In fact, since the Cerrone and Diaz fights were all at welterweight, Conor doesn't technically have a single win at LW besides Alvarez four years ago. So...how about he actually gets a win at lightweight before fighting for the title?

Hooker is fighting Dustin in the summer, so if he beats the #2 guy Conor can just leapfrog him coming off a win over two losses in a row Cowboy in another division?

And what if Tony fights and beats Dustin or Da Bronx or Felder? Conor still skips ahead? its nonsense.

What's Tony like 12-1 there lately? Make him fight Ferg. They both lost their last LW fight. Conor doesnt deserve the shot anymore than him but we all know it'd be a cold day in hell before that happens. Maybe theyll bring back BJ Penn for Mcgregor.

Back