Is this the worst PPV main event?

Gladiator24

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I know it’s difficult for Dana right now and we all appreciate and love him for what he’s doing, bringing us fights in this pandemic but come on, he can do better than this.

The main event is a women’s mismatch fight that will barely get anyone hooked into. I don’t think I’ve been less hyped for a ppv main event. The card itself is ok, nothing ppv about it though!

Was there another main event that was supposed to happen but the fighters pulled out or something?

It’s just not a good PPV overall. Not worth the $60. It would be a solid ESPN or ESPN+ card, but just doesn’t do it for PPV.

Not too bad its just the card overall is weak. Not PPV worthy.

The # of buys will reflect that.

If you’re talking ppv main events only, they used to have some pretty bad ones back in the day. In the more modern era, Johnson vs Cariaso, Holm vs. De Randamie, or Nunes vs. Pennington come to mind.

If you’re talking any main event, next weeks main event is far worse.

Card is stacked af but main event sucks. Assuncao/Garbrandt or Sterling/Sandhagen should headline.

I know it’s difficult for Dana right now and we all appreciate and love him for what he’s doing, bringing us fights in this pandemic but come on, he can do better than this.

The main event is a women’s mismatch fight that will barely get anyone hooked into. I don’t think I’ve been less hyped for a ppv main event. The card itself is ok, nothing ppv about it though!

Was there another main event that was supposed to happen but the fighters pulled out or something?

Nunes vs. Pennington & Holm vs. GDR both come to mind.

It’s just not a good PPV overall. Not worth the $60. It would be a solid ESPN or ESPN+ card, but just doesn’t do it for PPV.
That's why I won't buy it. Once the prelims are over, I'll be out.

If Nunes does manage an exciting KO, I'll catch the highlights.

This is definitely on the list for substance. But remember ufc 90 or 122 still happened. Plus others.

When I saw the list of fights, I had no idea which end of the list was supposed to be the main event.

Dillashaw v. Soto. For his first defence he fought an unknown guy making his UFC debut.

UFC 149 Faber vs Barao was poor and the card sucked before and after the fights

I actually like this card a lot.

Don't have to buy PPV, since I have a Combate Chanel subscription, where I can see every event.

Back