Sean O'Malley vs Dominic Cruz could be a great fight.

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Elusive Striker vs elusive striker. I think Sean is fundamentally more sound, great movement & distance management. He doesn't move for the sake of movement. Cruz will have Wrestling advantage, but Sean has great BJJ. You should respect a guys' ground game when he said guy has submitted Aoki. Sean has great kicks both Karate & TKD style & his boxing has been improving as well. He will also have speed advantage. I think he can easily beat Dom at this point.

I would be surprised if Cruz lasts 3 minutes

Cruz's Boxing fundamentals leaves a lot to be desired. Apart from TJ I don't think he has has any striker of O'Malley's calibre. Technique wise Sean is miles above.

Honestly Cruz is 2 generations behind Sean. Not saying Sean is some prodigy but Cruz was good for a different era.

O'malley would destroy him, he's the future of 135 and would make Cruz look like he doesn't belong in the cage with him

I would be surprised if Cruz lasts 3 minutes
Cruz has a great chin and is tough as they come, not to mention hard to hit. If this fight happens I'll bet you $1,000 you're wrong.

Age and injury have taken too much out of Cruz. I hope he decides to hang them up. He's got nothing left to prove.

O'Malley is not Cejudo-caliber YET to defeat Cruz imo. Need to see more of him.

But is it an interesting matchup? Definitely yes.

LOL, you guys are fucking high. O'Malley is completely unproven and Cruz is an altime great. Yet 10 people think it will be a completely onesided destruction.

O'Malley will be exposed soon enough, just wait until he fights guys inside the top 10.

Tons of casuals... Cruz would destroy Sean O'Malley.

Back