Who more important??

wolfss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Casual fans that show up only when “super stars” fight or the hardcore fans who are into all the fights??

are there casual fans in mma forums discussing Fights and fight outcomes. If they only pander to the hype machine, how does that help mma in the long run??

I already know there will be a bitch of trolling but even they are hardcore if they take the time to be on here talking shit.

Which are you? You’re more important and that’s what matters. You are unique and like no one else. Why? Because you’re you :)

lol. I guess if we’re here we are hardcore fans. And thank you. I appreciate your uplifting words.

lol. I guess if we’re here we are hardcore fans. And thank you. I appreciate your uplifting words.
In all seriousness we ALL support mma in one way or another. Sorry, just being a goof.
But we all matter.

Casual fans that show up only when “super stars” fight or the hardcore fans who are into all the fights??

are there casual fans in mma forums discussing Fights and fight outcomes. If they only pander to the hype machine, how does that help mma in the long run??

I already know there will be a bitch of trolling but even they are hardcore if they take the time to be on here talking shit.
I believe I've spoken to you at least once before here. You have young daughters right? Anyway your question is a bit unclear to me. I believe both casual fans and hardcore fans are important to the success of MMA. Sometimes the casual can be smarter and see things that the "hardcore" refuse to see. Both hardcore fans AND casuals can fall for the "hype machine."

I believe I've spoken to you at least once before here. You have young daughters right? Anyway your question is a bit unclear to me. I believe both casual fans and hardcore fans are important to the success of MMA. Sometimes the casual can be smarter and see things that the "hardcore" refuse to see. Both hardcore fans AND casuals can fall for the "hype machine."

i feel that with Dana and all the shenanigans, Cruz getting a title shot after sitting out 4 years, BMF, Mcgregor getting title shots and not defending, getting rid of Mighty Mouse , cejudo being as good as he is and taken off the rankings, all that shit has made me lose interest. I’m into the best fighting the best, not Twitter wars.

and yes I have two young daughters and I way rather be with them than taking a Saturday evening off to watch this shitshow!!!

Which are you? You’re more important and that’s what matters. You are unique and like no one else. Why? Because you’re you :)
That's an important message. Thank you.

____

Personally, I think as a hardcore, I'm not best for the UFC. Maybe I'm better for MMA as a whole, but I'd be one of those people who, if I was running a promotion, would lose fans until the promotion is watched about as much as Glory Kickboxing or Freestyle wrestling. The people who watch it are the ones who want to see it, not what's attached to it. If I ran the UFC, my only victory would be in making a product fans enjoy and the community would probably be a lot more inclusive than it is. But that'd be because it'd be less than a tenth of what it is. If I ran the UFC, it'd tank in a day.

i feel that with Dana and all the shenanigans, Cruz getting a title shot after sitting out 4 years, BMF, Mcgregor getting title shots and not defending, getting rid of Mighty Mouse , cejudo being as good as he is and taken off the rankings, all that shit has made me lose interest. I’m into the best fighting the best, not Twitter wars.

and yes I have two young daughters and I way rather be with them than taking a Saturday evening off to watch this shitshow!!!
Well if not being able to watch every event makes one a casual then I certainly fit that description. I have a toddler son and a newborn daughter myself plus my wife. Then there's work. I'm not yet financially free.

Even without family and responsibilities, I don't think I'd watch every event unfortunately. Some fights, fighters, and events are just more interesting than others. The only way I could see myself watching almost all fights is if I was gambling or had some other type of vested interest.

In all seriousness we ALL support mma in one way or another. Sorry, just being a goof.
But we all matter.
giphy.gif

Doesn't matter.

Casual fan here in the sense that I only don’t pay attention of anyone out of the top 10 really. I like taking about the fights and make my own decisions on who I like and root for.

Both important. "Casuals" flock to the huge cards, creating master revenue for some events, which allows smaller less popular cards to exist at a lower profit margin. They are also probably very highly influential on the main events that are made.

That being said, I think the debate about casuals vs hardcore is fairly dumb. Haha. I mean we were all casuals at some point. But who cares the extent to which someone follows a sport. Regardless, it's another person to have a beer and watch a fight with. Another fan of the sport. I've had a blast watching some of my friends go from casual fans to very enthused and knowledgeable fans. Good times.

Back