Performance Bonus Idea

BZeee

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The 50k is cool and I still think it should remain.

However, not everyone can get a performance bonus. So what do we do with the fighters that put on classics but fall short due to cards with lots of finishes? I suggest allowing them to EARN a flat rate on their next fight.

If you're making 40/40 and you put on a fight of the night worthy performance, next fight you're making 80k guaranteed ( or whatever your rate would be ). If you lose, you go back to show/win structure. I think this would benefit guys like Tyron who seemed to stop giving a fuck once the bag was locked in. It would also do a lot to shut people up about fighter pay. Plus it would obviously create incentive for some good fights but more so it would create good gambling opportunities for short notice fights.

For example, if the money is guaranteed because you put on a great last performance you can now take a fight you might have previously avoided for a shot at a ranked guy or a short notice fight which clearly earns extra respect in the matchmakers eyes. And if that fight is great you'll still have a chance to lock in your next fights pay win or lose.

Seems like fun, it is Prize Fighting after all.

The problem with this suggestion is that you're not giving any clear criteria. "Fight of the night worthy performance" is extremely subjective. It's true that the nightly bonuses are also subjective, but I don't think it should be directly tied to the payment of your next fight. Consistently exciting fighters will generally make more money long-term anyways as they get noticed and are worth more to the organization.

$25K finish bonus available to everybody. It would certainly stop the begging in post fight interviews. They shouldn’t have to do that. $25K FOTN to both fighters.

They should add some 10k bonuses

round of the night
comeback if the night
underdog of the night

$25K finish bonus available to everybody. It would certainly stop the begging in post fight interviews. They shouldn’t have to do that. $25K FOTN to both fighters.

That's less than what they get now

<WhatIsThis>

Ya Goof

Or they could hand out extra performances bonuses. They do it all the time
This, the way I understand it theres a MINIMUM of a certain number of performance bonuses, but an especially deserving fight can always get an extra.

That's less than what they get now

<WhatIsThis>

Ya Goof

So the fighters that get a finish but don’t get a POTN bonus receive more than a $25K bonus?????

Try reading it again. It’s a “finish” bonus. Like on TUF. You get a finish you get the bonus. You can’t get screwed by the personal whims of whomever actually awards these bonuses.

What happens if you get a "stunt" fighter to finish for you? Do they get the bonus.............

So the fighters that get a finish but don’t get a POTN bonus receive more than a $25K bonus?????

Try reading it again. It’s a “finish” bonus. Like on TUF. You get a finish you get the bonus. You can’t get screwed by the personal whims of whomever actually awards these bonuses.
440tkf.jpg

Just give $50,000 to everyone who gets a finish and FOTN if there is a great fight without a finish, UFC can certainly afford it.

25k finish bonus is a cool idea.
It will motivate the majority of the roster and certainly stir up the undercard, but those few on the big money already will generally have a lot to lose and might not see the 25k as an incentive to push for a risky finish.
Still it can't hurt and fuck the UFC profits.

The 50k is cool and I still think it should remain.

However, not everyone can get a performance bonus. So what do we do with the fighters that put on classics but fall short due to cards with lots of finishes? I suggest allowing them to EARN a flat rate on their next fight.

If you're making 40/40 and you put on a fight of the night worthy performance, next fight you're making 80k guaranteed ( or whatever your rate would be ). If you lose, you go back to show/win structure. I think this would benefit guys like Tyron who seemed to stop giving a fuck once the bag was locked in. It would also do a lot to shut people up about fighter pay. Plus it would obviously create incentive for some good fights but more so it would create good gambling opportunities for short notice fights.

For example, if the money is guaranteed because you put on a great last performance you can now take a fight you might have previously avoided for a shot at a ranked guy or a short notice fight which clearly earns extra respect in the matchmakers eyes. And if that fight is great you'll still have a chance to lock in your next fights pay win or lose.

Seems like fun, it is Prize Fighting after all.
No.. there's already a "fight of the night" bonus, and it's never the two fighters who get the "performance of the night" on the same night. Maybe it happened once, but so far I have never seen it happen. 4 people getting bonuses every week is enough. If you raise that more, then it gets to be kind of pointless.
You suck at business, hope nobody listens to that shit advice.

They should add some 10k bonuses

round of the night
comeback if the night
underdog of the night
Female fighter of the night
haircut of the night
physique of the night sponsored by BB.com
best takedown of the night

Agreed.
Jeez, there's a reason they stopped doing sub and KO of the night and just have two performance bonuses.

Back