Is Brandon Royval getting screwed?

Huh?

He's in the rankings now, no?

Didn’t this guy just fight last weekend? Really not sure what you’re talking about here.

I didn't know there was Contender Series going on right now. Fucking bullshit if I'm missing MMA I don't know about!

He finishes Tim Elliott, a TUF winner and title contender, in his UFC debut and his next fight is on the Contender Series...
Joe Lauzon KO'ed Jens Pulver then got put on TUF.

Jamie Varner got sent to the WEC after winning in the UFC.

James Krause got put on TUF while on a 2 fight UFC win streak.

Added the event page from Tapology. Apparently this was set prior to him fighting?

Most likely this was the fight for him but then they had him step in to face Elliott and got FOTN with it lol. This fight is off. Said he even gave his job a two-week notice since he won the bonus. Awesome to hear!

I dont think his contender fight is happening.

He finishes Tim Elliott, a TUF winner and title contender, in his UFC debut and his next fight is on the Contender Series...

EDIT:
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/68344-contender-series-2020-week-1

Tim Elliot is ranked number 11 in a division where most of the fighters are ranked(I don't know how many there are UFC lists 50 fighters many of whom haven't been in the promotion a long time, so let's guess it's around 20-25 tops). Elliots a name people recognize cause he got a TUF title shot(Serra taught us to never make fun of TUF title shots ever again but still)but he's 2-5 since, 4-9 overall. His losses were all to really good fighters and the records better than 4-9 but point is Elliots apparently an obscure stepping stone last few years for young guys a few had beaten him but their obscure place in events means hard to know.

Also didn't they have UFC fights in TUF for the finale? This could be just where his next fight is cause you have to spread the 125 fights around and wait till stars are established to put more of them on cards. Royval still is probably outside the top 10. But yeah demoting someone after winning in impressive fashion over a vet is dumb. Looked at rankings and while they purged pretty much all of the old gen except Joe B and Forminga(lol almost everyone who beat him for a title shot over the years is gone but he remains the irony) there's a lot of young guys who are in the top 10. Also apparently they doing Joe B v Fig(etc)rematch in July. That's something to look forward, looks like they doing a slow job of rebuilding but it's coming alone nicely. 125 was one of my fav divisions lots of young talent to give hope it can succeed cause the product was great first few years.

Moreno beat France in a fight I didn't see(it wasn't on the prelims, it was on the "early premlins") so he's probably next(sad a 125 title elim can't even make the real preliminary card).

Who's Royval fighting?

I don't think he is still fighting on the Contender Series.

He was originally scheduled to fight on it, but then he got a late notice call up to the UFC.

He won his fight, and a FOTN bonus.
No way does he go back down.
They just haven't updated the info yet.

Well this is embarassing

For TS:D

Back