News ESPN 9: Burns Vs Woodley Delivers Solid Numbers

Zebra Cheeks

Cheeky Bastard
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
UFC on ESPN 9 drew an average audience of 1.021 million viewers for Saturday’s main card, according to ShowBuzz Daily.

That is the fifth-best ratings figure for a UFC on ESPN card since the promotion signed a deal to broadcast on the network beginning in 2019. UFC on ESPN 9 took place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas on May 30 and saw Gilbert Burns defeat Tyron Woodley via unanimous decision in the evening’s welterweight main event.

You can read more here: https://m.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC...illion-Viewers-Prelims-Attract-6150000-173217

I really wonder what Eye vs Calvillo is going to do

lol nothing good bro

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Dilbert burns confirmed draw

There's something very important to take from these figures.....it gives a 100% accurate assessment of the UFC fanbase right now because there is nothing competing with it in regards to sport. These #s are unskewed and are invaluable as market assessment moving forward.

Arguably you can say that these figures are quite weak given the lack of competition for viewership.

Feel for Woodley, he begins to draw when he loses the belt. Legend.

Kind of disappointing numbers honestly.

There is no competition from other sports and hasn't been for months, most of the population centers of the country are still under some level of lock down and an enormous number of people are home despite it being a Saturday night.

I was thinking it could do much better then this being on ESPN in those circumstances.

There's something very important to take from these figures.....it gives a 100% accurate assessment of the UFC fanbase right now because there is nothing competing with it in regards to sport. These #s are unskewed and are invaluable as market assessment moving forward.

Arguably you can say that these figures are quite weak given the lack of competition for viewership.
MMA is in general a small pseudo sport- these are good numbers, if you compare them to Football/American football and basketball then these numbers are poor.

There’s a few things to keep in mind.

1. ESPN 8 Was slightly better and was the second best all time.

2. The news in the US is quite big right now. That night I actually missed two fights to watch some news. I never miss fights...ever. So I think that’s a little deceptive.

There’s a few things to keep in mind.

1. ESPN 8 Was slightly better and was the second best all time.

2. The news in the US is quite big right now. That night I actually missed two fights to watch some news. I never miss fights...ever. So I think that’s a little deceptive.
Absolutely, shoud have put my second post about Floyd situation in there for balance.

Obviously Spike vs Billy Q drew both the rabid Sherdoggers *and* you filthy casuals.

5th best? How many cards have there been since no other sports were going on, theatres shut down, etc?

Woodley bringing that crossover rap audience..

Is normal.

Back