Covington thinks Masvidal would be a easy win for him

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

Colby Covington is hoping to settle his differences with Jorge Masvidal following his departure from American Top Team.

Covington recently confirmed he left ATT after having feuds with several fighters. Masvidal, meanwhile, says “Chaos” was cancer in the gym and the former interim welterweight champion was actually fired from ATT.

Now, with the rivalry between the two heating up, Colby Covington believes the time is right to fight Jorge Masvidal.

“It would definitely be the friends-turned-enemies angle with ‘Journeyman,’ ‘Street Judas,’ Jorge Masvidal. Jorge can’t read, he can’t write, he can’t spell and he definitely can’t fight,” Covington said to theScore’s James Lynch. “What’s going on? Why does [Masvidal] not want to fight Usman? Why’s he holding out? Why’s he scared? Maybe there’s something going on that we don’t know about.

“Maybe Jorge wants ‘America’s champ,’ maybe he wants the ‘People’s Champ,’ maybe he wants Donald Trump’s favorite fighter, and maybe he wants Miami’s favorite fighter, because he claims to be from Miami,” Covington continued. “But, everybody knows I’m the king of Miami right now and I run the streets of Miami… The UFC knows that I’ve expressed my interest and I want my rematch with ‘Marty FakeNewsman’ which I deserve. Or, I want this fight with Journeyman Jorge Masvidal.”

If Colby Covington and Jorge Masvidal do end up fighting, Chaos knows it would be an easy win for him. He says he dominated “Gamebred” for years at ATT and now wants the world to see inside the Octagon.

But, if that fight does not come to fruition, Covington says the only other fight he would take is his rematch against Kamaru Usman. If the UFC offers a different fight, he is fine sitting out until he gets one of those two scraps.

“You don’t really want to get locked in a cage with me. You don’t really want to fight me, Jorge because you know what happens every time we train together and we fight. I beat your ass and I carry limb from limb,” he concluded. “I take your soul out of your body. There’s only two fights that need to be made, and if the UFC doesn’t make them, that’s okay I’ll keep getting better.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...rture-from-att/?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Sucks to see former lovers friends turn on each other.

Screenshot-2019-11-02-at-10.42.44-min.png
NINTCHDBPICT000547230126.jpg

Last edited:
I think Usman and Colby are very tough fights for Masvidal and Masvidal knows it.

One loss to either and his fifteen minutes are up.
I see why he's pushing for a rematch with Nate.

He's 34 (35?) and ain't getting any younger. Gotta prolong these 15 minutes for as long as possible before retiring. Smart move.

Last edited:
I don’t think Colby wants to fight. For all the talking does he doesn’t back it up enough. It’s just noise at this point

the whole I dominated him in practice shit goes both ways. I bet Masvidal is going to say he dominated Covington for years blah blah. One thing is certain that they know each other very well, so it takes extra bit of juice to beat an opponent that you sparred for years with. And neither of them is afraid of each other, its just a money play at this point. I would actually take a flier on Masvidal over Colby in this match up.

Colby Covington is hoping to settle his differences with Jorge Masvidal following his departure from American Top Team.

Covington recently confirmed he left ATT after having feuds with several fighters. Masvidal, meanwhile, says “Chaos” was cancer in the gym and the former interim welterweight champion was actually fired from ATT.

Now, with the rivalry between the two heating up, Colby Covington believes the time is right to fight Jorge Masvidal.

“It would definitely be the friends-turned-enemies angle with ‘Journeyman,’ ‘Street Judas,’ Jorge Masvidal. Jorge can’t read, he can’t write, he can’t spell and he definitely can’t fight,” Covington said to theScore’s James Lynch. “What’s going on? Why does [Masvidal] not want to fight Usman? Why’s he holding out? Why’s he scared? Maybe there’s something going on that we don’t know about.

“Maybe Jorge wants ‘America’s champ,’ maybe he wants the ‘People’s Champ,’ maybe he wants Donald Trump’s favorite fighter, and maybe he wants Miami’s favorite fighter, because he claims to be from Miami,” Covington continued. “But, everybody knows I’m the king of Miami right now and I run the streets of Miami… The UFC knows that I’ve expressed my interest and I want my rematch with ‘Marty FakeNewsman’ which I deserve. Or, I want this fight with Journeyman Jorge Masvidal.”

If Colby Covington and Jorge Masvidal do end up fighting, Chaos knows it would be an easy win for him. He says he dominated “Gamebred” for years at ATT and now wants the world to see inside the Octagon.

But, if that fight does not come to fruition, Covington says the only other fight he would take is his rematch against Kamaru Usman. If the UFC offers a different fight, he is fine sitting out until he gets one of those two scraps.

“You don’t really want to get locked in a cage with me. You don’t really want to fight me, Jorge because you know what happens every time we train together and we fight. I beat your ass and I carry limb from limb,” he concluded. “I take your soul out of your body. There’s only two fights that need to be made, and if the UFC doesn’t make them, that’s okay I’ll keep getting better.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...rture-from-att/?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Sucks to see former lovers friends turn on each other.

Screenshot-2019-11-02-at-10.42.44-min.png
NINTCHDBPICT000547230126.jpg

Yeah I think Colby is telling the truth here. I doubt Jorge wants to fight him though, and I think he need a win or two before he gets a rematch with Usman.

No question he's right, but jorge knows it and won't take the fight. He'll be sitting out a long long while if he's really intent on holding out for that or Usman.

Masvidal has a better shot at Usman than Covington.

And he refused that fight.

Colby can hug him but that's about it, maybe win a super boring decision. I seen the video of him wrestling Jorge and while he did out wrestle him Jorge caught him in a couple submission attempts and Colby was the one who was getting tired. So yeah Colby might be able to hold onto him for dear life but that's about all he could do.

As much as I dislike Colby, he's probably right, Masvidal's clearly ducking top competition.... then makes excuses to make it look like he isn't ducking to save face.

So book it. Tell the UFC that is who you want next. I'm really tired of all the top guys at WW talking about who they can beat but never actually fighting. Sign some dotted lines.

I'll be one of the few to pick Jorge. SD in a close fight if it's 3 rounder and 4th Rd TKO if it's 5 rounds. I'm sorry but Jorge is a far more technical striker and when was last time you saw someone grind Mas out via grappling? Backpacking from Maia doesn't count as Colby ain't going to be able to do that.

I'll be one of the few to pick Jorge. SD in a close fight if it's 3 rounder and 4th Rd TKO if it's 5 rounds. I'm sorry but Jorge is a far more technical striker and when was last time you saw someone grind Mas out via grappling? Backpacking from Maia doesn't count as Colby ain't going to be able to do that.

Jorge and split decisions usually don't mix well lol

Back