Marty (Kamaru Usman) discusses how he was falsely arrested during college

Why are so many Americans so obsessed with race? I live in Slavic country where majority of population is 99% white, but we never talk about race or racial injustice as Americans do. I also suspect that majority of liberal Americans just say they are not racist because deep down they are (latently). I would say an average conservative person here is much more ideologically liberal than average american liberal.

Why are so many Americans so obsessed with race? I live in Slavic country where majority of population is 99% white, but we never talk about race or racial injustice as Americans do. I also suspect that majority of liberal Americans just say they are not racist because deep down they are (latently). I would say an average conservative person here is much more ideologically liberal than average american liberal.
totally agree.

Yes. The average American liberal is a soft fascist.

So you don’t talk about race in a country that is 99% one race?

Gotcha... t

except:
Croats hate Serbs and Slovenians.
Serbs hate Albanians.
Greeks hate Albanians, Macedonians and Bulgarians.
Albanians hate everybody.
Racism = nationalism = its everywhere.

except:
Serbs hate Albanians.
it is not racism, but xenophobia. 2 things different.

Because when your population is pretty homogenous, racially speaking, then the issue doesn't present itself now does it?

except:
Serbs hate Albanians.

Of course I'm at a remove from the situation since it was my parents and their friends who came from Croatia while I was born here, but I never sensed hate from them for Slovenians. More a gentle making fun of them using the kind of stereotypes other people have used about the Swiss.

I've been falsely arrested, and I'm white.

Good to hear Marty is in the same club.

I once had a cop point his gun at me during a routine traffic stop, because I mentioned that I didn't really speak much to my mother.
It was semi-joking though.

And when I was around 11, a cop searched me and confiscated some BB pellets because he thought they were drugs.

Every time I've been arrested though, I deserved it.

In college I was pulled over twice for absolutely no reason except it was around 11 pm near the bars. Pulled me over because I was a young guy hoping to get a DUI arrest. I also had a cop pull up behind me while I was waiting for my friend to come out of his apartment. He then took out his flashlight and shined it on the floor of my car where I had some grass from my cleats earlier in the day. He then proceeded to search my car for marijuana, since obviously grass from cleats looks just like weed and someone would just have it all over their floor.

This shit happens to white people too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back