Cody Garbrandt thoughts

Straatblaffer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
When I see him in his first fights,he seems a huge prospect with major appeal. He beated Cruz impressively and went on a downwards spiral since that fight. I am seriously wondering what happened? Was he overhyped, or can ge come back?

Comes with no gameplan when someone tries to stand and bang with him he forgets about his weak chin and goes toe to toe till KO d

I still think cody has a lot of good assets but when you wanna stand in the pocket and just trade every time out then usually someone's gonna get caught. Unfortunately for cody it's been him. This shit is just like football and other sports when you say it's a game of inches.

For all the footwork, speed, power and marketability that cody has it comes down to results and if he drops another here its gonna be tough.

Yeah naturally talented but found out exposed and seems unwilling to change anything.. His personality and ego suggest he's a bit of dumb dumb(possible understatement)

He brawls when he is hurt.

There is no "good defense mode" with Cody.

He can either be faster via slip and roll with hands down or he gets clocked out and at this level this means going out most of the time if you arent fighting against an opponent with the punching power and looks of a guinea pig aka Cruz.

Cody has bad defense because he learned it like that and will never stop it because TAM has shit striking coaches.

People need to realize that all the clowning and slipping hands down Cody so often does, even the best of the best like Floyd only do to demoralize and when they are very certain to be a lot better. If Floyd throws a hook vs a serious opponent you can bet his chin is protected all the time.

Cody only has great stand up in some parts and a shitty one on others.

He is mentaly chalenged don't make fun of him

PED Dillasnake bit him

Faber tried to suck out the poison but it was too late

When I see him in his first fights,he seems a huge prospect with major appeal. He beated Cruz impressively and went on a downwards spiral since that fight. I am seriously wondering what happened? Was he overhyped, or can ge come back?

He’s a very emotional.fighter. Against Cruz, he was very calm.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Back