Every UFC Light Heavyweight Championship Fight Ranked

Everyone gets all stirred up about the Jones/Reyes result, and forget how good the fight was. It's definitely up there.

Everyone gets all stirred up about the Jones/Reyes result, and forget how good the fight was. It's definitely up there.

It's solid. Not a classic by any means, but it's an enjoyable fight. I don't know how enjoyable it would be if it was the exact same fight, but like it was Reyes/Jan, but the context of Reyes doing what he was doing to Jon Jones is big.

I disagree with his assessment of Jones vs. Gus 2

Top2 is Jones vs Gus 1 and DC vs Gus. Jones vs Gus was a draw and Gus beat DC, 2 3 and 4.

Prime Gus bless.

Jones is a legendary and dynamic beatdown and deserved a much higher spot. It was a signature performance and only unenjoyable if you are in love with Shogun.

Last edited:
I honestly did not think it was a good fight and Jones 100% won it, Reyes only won the first two rounds on activity...he did next to no damage. Jones took over in the last 3 and dominated him.

I still do not get the outrage as Reyes folder big time in those 3 rounds...no one that folds like that in the championship rounds should win a title...

This guy mostly sounded like a Jones hater and a DC fan.

Some takes i for sure don't agree with but cool video none the less.

This guy mostly sounded like a Jones hater and a DC fan.

I mean, if you watch fights purely for fights and you like Jones more than Cormier, you're a police officer and hate good fights, idk what to tell you lol. Jones is maybe the best winner in MMA history, but he has a massive amount of really ugly, miserable fights, and they are designed to be that way

I honestly did not think it was a good fight and Jones 100% won it, Reyes only won the first two rounds on activity...he did next to no damage. Jones took over in the last 3 and dominated him.

I still do not get the outrage as Reyes folder big time in those 3 rounds...no one that folds like that in the championship rounds should win a title...

How does one measure damage? Reyes landed every solid shot in the first 3 rounds and throughout the fight.

Jones clearly loses the first 3 rounds, 4th round is close and you could give that to Reyes even though I didn't. He definitely conceded the 5th, but Jones won rounds on Reyes being less bouncy on his toes and looking less good than in the first 2

How does one measure damage? Reyes landed every solid shot in the first 3 rounds and throughout the fight.

Jones clearly loses the first 3 rounds, 4th round is close and you could give that to Reyes even though I didn't. He definitely conceded the 5th, but Jones won rounds on Reyes being less bouncy on his toes and looking less good than in the first 2
Fully disagree, Reyes landed more useless shots in the 3rd and Jones won the 4th and 5th by a large margin...those rounds were not even close. But yes how does one measure damage...as Jones was never hurt and showed very little wear. IMO Jones proved he is the better fighter and in a rematch I expect him to dominate.

I mean, if you watch fights purely for fights and you like Jones more than Cormier, you're a police officer and hate good fights, idk what to tell you lol. Jones is maybe the best winner in MMA history, but he has a massive amount of really ugly, miserable fights, and they are designed to be that way

You have seen Silva vs Maia, Silva vs Diaz and Silva vs Leites right?

FYI I believe Silva was far more dangerous.

You have seen Silva vs Maia, Silva vs Diaz and Silva vs Leites right?

FYI I believe Silva was far more dangerous.

Anderson Silva has 2 or 3 underwhelming title defenses, Jon Jones has 6 bad title fights. I don't know what this point is meant to illustrate, that Jones has bad fights but that doesn't make him a bad fighter? no shit. It makes his fights ugly to watch more often than not. Cormier didn't have ugly title fights, which is the point i was responding to. In the video, I say that Cormier is the most exciting LHW Champion ever, and he is by a pretty large margin, so of course i'm going to gush over Cormier in a LHW Fights video, because his fights were good. Jones has some good fights, more of them are bad because his style is different.

Fully disagree, Reyes landed more useless shots in the 3rd and Jones won the 4th and 5th by a large margin...those rounds were not even close. But yes how does one measure damage...as Jones was never hurt and showed very little wear. IMO Jones proved he is the better fighter and in a rematch I expect him to dominate.

All this is nonsense except for Jones dominating the rematch. Totally agree. Reyes sold out for the Jones fight and didn't get the result he needed. I don't think that the Reyes fight is an outright robbery, I think he clearly won the first 3 rounds, but it isn't as egregious as the Jones/Santos fight.

Started watching but had to turn it off, dude's just crying and complaining, he needs to stfu and get on with it.

Someone's never watched Shamrock/Horn and it shows.

I been watching since November 12, 1993 and have Sharock/Horn on VHS still, where they talk about the 10% of his potential thing to death. I got a little kid that watches all his mma on YT telling me what I have watched lol.

Jones v Gus number one. Thiago Santos and Reyes were cheap imitations. Santos hurt Jones but the fight was over after the second round(judges scorecards were insane). While Reyes got 2 rounds, it was just him winning 2 out of 5, he didn't hurt Jones the way Gus did was just a close fight not a great one IMO.

The Jones v Machida one is one people loved at the time but feel the context of the time is needed to get why.

After Jones v Gus next 2, Rampage v Forrest Griffin and Machida v Rua 1 are clearly the next 2. Were really controversial fights where it was really subjective who won the fight and in the case of Griffin v Rampage even rounds.

After that Rampage v Hendo(an underrated fight) there really hadn't been another competitive decision in LHW title fights. It was either a finish by someone or another or a Tito lay and pray decision.

So

Jones v Gus 1
Rampage v Forrest
Machida v Rua
Rampage v Henderson
Jones v Reyes
Jones v Santos

After that feel a lot of answers like Jones v Machida, Evans or DC you don't really have a good fight you've got good rounds.

Also if we're talking LHW generally we've got other options like Hendo v Shogun.

Back