HW: 48 fighters
LHW: 47 fighters
MW: 58 fighters
WW: 77 fighters

LW: 84 fighters
FW: 71 fighters
BW: 71 fighters
FLW: 24 fighters

All fighters are placed in the last division they fought (e.g. Conrat and Cowboy at WW) or the division they will fight in their next scheduled fight.

Some thoughts:

- LW is still the most deepest division even with Conrat, Cowboy, Pettis and Barboza being placed in other divisions.

- HW has now more fighters on their roster than LHW lol

- 5 of the 24 FLW are just newly signed fighters. That's 20,83% ~ 21% of the entire division lol
Plus 2 BW are dropping down to FLW.

Khabib Bless

618809-29f18f5a26ab8949f4357f14fcf4a2cd.png

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/29/3928296/ufc-roster-current-list-fighters

Below is compiled how many fighters are on the 8 Men's divisions rosters:

All fighters are placed in the last division they fought (e.g. Conrat and Cowboy at WW) or the division they will fight in their next scheduled fight.

Some thoughts:

- LW is still the most deepest division even with Conrat, Cowboy, Pettis and Barboza being placed in other divisions.

- 5 of the 24 FLW are just newly signed fighters. That's 20,83% ~ 21% of the entire division lol

Khabib Bless

View attachment 773643

Surprisingly small amount of MWs

And then there's this little nice list:

HW: Basically Absent(Stepe Miocic)
LHW: Looks like vacant soon™(Jon Jones)
MW: Isreal Adesanya
WW: Kamaru Usman
LW: Sitting in my Dagestani Cave 2020™(Khabib); Interim: Gaethje
BW: VACANT
FLW: VACANT

Things are going downhill fast and they(UFC) are trying to stir some heat, but with basically 2 Active Champions, most cards are looking underwhelming...

Surprisingly small amount of MWs
Yes MW is not as deep as I had imagined.
I think it was always like this but we thought maybe differently. It's good to see the numbers.

They put Jacare back at MW because of the scheduled fight at UFC 249 even though that didn't go through.

And Weidman is back on MW because he said he wants to go back down there.

MW is not as deep as we thought it to be. Just 10, 11 fighters more than LHW & HW. Even with guys like Akhmedov and Till going there and Cannonier dropping down to there.

Is Rockhold retired? He isn't listed on both the LHW and MW rosters.

Khabib Bless

618809-29f18f5a26ab8949f4357f14fcf4a2cd.png

I'm pretty sure that if your workplace decides to cut 10% of its workers, you're the first in the bye bye list
GE (General Electric) used to do this every year. Pretty ruthless.
It's also where the term Decimate originates from. "Dec" being the latin form for 10. Decathlon, Decade, etc.

But yeh you're right OP would likely be in the bottom 10% of any grouping of humans.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/29/3928296/ufc-roster-current-list-fighters

Below is compiled how many fighters are on the 8 Men's divisions rosters:

Some thoughts:

Khabib Bless

View attachment 773643
Cut half of them.

UFC should be reserved for top fighters only.

Imo the UFC should be the top 30 MMA fighters from each division and they should have less events per year. There's too many watered down cards with meaningless fights. The problem is they want everything about MMA to be associated with the UFC and they in turn over saturate the amount of content they put out while sacrificing quality

Half of those WWs are former LWs anyways.

I still think 160-pound division would be the perfect division. Average male fighter in fighting shape is 180 pounds. They can cut 20 pounds and make 160.

Ideally there wouldn't be weight cutting and 180-pound division would be the perfect division.

How the fuck are there 50 fighters in the ufc division and it’s still that terrible

Cutting fighters? They are struggling to find 12 fights a card right now.

Some of you scumbags will still say that introducing 165lbs and switching WW to 175lbs is a bad idea... THERE'S ENOUGH TALENT OUT THERE, YOU FUCKS.

We could have so many more awesome fights on the cards.

Mw is the athletic division, I'm not surprised by the low number

So there are 450+ fighters in the UFC roster. Am i filthy casual if i dont know more than 80% of them?

If we're going to do wmma, I really wish the UFC would invest in WFW. There've been 12 fights in that divison in the UFC, and 8 of them have ended in finishes. By far the highest finish rate in the UFC, which includes two out cold KOs.

Wayyyy to many fighters. There should be 25 in each weight division.

Back