Gilbert Burns officially the number one contender at WW..

BrazilPitbullUS

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Momentum is everything and if you beat the number 1 ranked guy in the UFC then you become the number 1 ranked fighter. Who thinks he deserves it? I'm not mad at it, with Masvidal's negotiating happenings and Leon Edwards and the visa problems I agree Burns is number 1.

Seriously how can you guys say Lima wouldn’t rule this division ... Gilbert Burns!? Smh

This guy would fight for the belt on a $40k/40k no wonder the UFC is hyping him up

Is that common here? Lima is surely one of the best welterweights in the world youd gotta be a fanboy to dispute that

Rankings mean absolutely nothing. They did the same thing with Darren Till after the Wonderboy fight.

they really pushing him to fight usman.

I feel that Edwards should be in the top 3 at least.
Yes, Edwards should be Top 3. I strongly believe that he has a very good chance against Usman.
His Wrestling has improve immensely and his striking is still better than Usmans.
On the other side Usman has improve his striking which will show in the last rounds bc of his freak cardio.

Rankings mean absolutely nothing. They did the same thing with Darren Till after the Wonderboy fight.
Not true, they actually make a lot of sense.
Who should be #1 contender if not Burns?

Colby is coming of a loss.
Masvidal is on a 3 fight win streak against Till, Askren and Diaz. Only Till is a good win ranking wise.
Edwards is on a good long streak, but his best wins are Gunnar, RDA and Cowboy.

Burns being in a 4 fight win streak and with names like Gunnar, Maia and Woodley makes the most sense

I underestimated him going into the Woodley fight but I was dead wrong. He absolutely deserves his spot and poses a very big threat to Usman given his Bjj credentials and his crisp standup. Not to mention his cardio which was shockingly good. Kid is a GAME contender!

Deservedly so, he just demolished the previous champ in the next fight after his title loss

Burns is like RDA 3.0. Same skill sets, but just better everywhere...

jmo

He's also like the Brazillion Gaethje. He fucking brings it and also is very tactical...

Seriously how can you guys say Lima wouldn’t rule this division ... Gilbert Burns!? Smh
Because Lima is choosing to stay at Bellator. Consequently, we will never know his true caliber.
This guy would fight for the belt on a $40k/40k no wonder the UFC is hyping him up
The other contenders, for one reason or another, are not available to challenge Kamaru Usman. Gilbert Burns is willing to stay active and he has momentum.

In a perfect world, I would match him up with Stephen Thompson and see if he can get passed that gate.

Not true, they actually make a lot of sense.
Who should be #1 contender if not Burns?

Colby is coming of a loss.
Masvidal is on a 3 fight win streak against Till, Askren and Diaz. Only Till is a good win ranking wise.
Edwards is on a good long streak, but his best wins are Gunnar, RDA and Cowboy.

Burns being in a 4 fight win streak and with names like Gunnar, Maia and Woodley makes the most sense

They are created (and manipulated) by the media. They are useless.

Beating old man Maia and Gunnar "Doesn't Show Up To Fight Anymore" Nelson doesn't seem like that big of a deal anymore.

Masvidal has never been that good, just got a lucky win and suddenly he is hanging out with the Rock. Send him back to gatekeeper status already!!

Back