“The King of the Streets” Marco Ruas

M.A.G.A.

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Was he really a street fighter in Brazil or was is just a really cool nickname?

I haven’t watched his fights in ages but he had the look to become a big time UFC star

Ruas vs Rickson would have been great

Marco_Ruas_publicity_shot_crop.jpg

One of the first "complete" MMA fighters... and yes, just like most "elite" fighters... you would get a beating from them in the streets.

Well there are plenty of elite fighters who had not fought in the streets.
Not the case of Ruas though, he used to say he had countless street fights in Brazil. Unbeaten there of course

BS. Rickson went to the gym and challenged Ruas to a fight right then and there and Ruas claimed he needed four months to train.

https://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-culture/jiu-jitsu-vs-luta-livre#
That site is not really reliable, full of inaccuracies.

That 'encounter' was not the decisive one, tho.
Later, a promoter in Rio was ready to pay Hickson´s purse (1 M. Cruzeiros), but he received that offer from Japan & left the country.

It iz what it iz.

That site is not really reliable, full of inaccuracies.

That 'encounter' was not the decisive one, tho.
Later, a promoter in Rio was ready to pay Hickson´s purse (1 M. Cruzeiros), but he received that offer from Japan & left the country.

It iz what it iz.

Did Ruas ask for four months to train or not?

ruas (as long as i know, wasnt a street fighter, was just an adaptation from his last name) says that this thing about "i asked 4 months to fight him " is a joke, that rickson is very vain, and he has no idea why rickson insists in tell that "he would need 4 months to train". personally, i believe more in marcos than rickson.

Actually Rickson told them his price and Pride said no. After watching Royce go an hour with Saku, pretty easy win for Rickson.

Rickson priced himself out and then when they agreed he kept saying he had to grieve the loss of his son. Rickson is the 2nd most mythical fighter of all time after Bruce Lee. His jiu jitsu is respected, but as a figther he's full of shit.

Did Ruas ask for four months to train or not?
Multiple versions, obviously...

Golden Rule: never trust MMA sites about the Brazilian scene in english, heck even in portuguese...

Last year, Huas denied that version, quite violently...

@11mn30:

Back