Media Thiago Santos is more dangerous than Reyes

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I remember watching the fight I thought Jones won by a close 3-2
But now rewatching the fight I think Santos definitely won that fight

And I think both, Reyes and Santos beat Jones but I'm bringing this up because it seems like they're giving all the decisions to Jones only because he's the biggest name (well idk now with his beef with Dana lol).

So that been said I think Santos is more dangerous and he got a bigger chance finishing Jones than Reyes
Reyes is a beast, dont give me wrong I'm a fan of Reyes now as well and I think he beat Jones by a clearly 3-2, but I'm just saying.

That just my opinion, what do you think? Look, Jones was so lucky that Santos hurt his knee in the first round

I think Santos lost and Reyes won, although i have to agree that it's weird (and highly impressive) that someone (Santos) who - as powerful and explosive as he is - is known to attack in a straight line and not have a good takedown defense did that well against Jones, especially with the early injury.

Thiago Santos lost to Eric Spicely.

I had Jones outpointing Santos in a disappointing performance, and Reyes winning 3-2 in a fairly average fight but another disappointing performance from Jones

Looking back at it, I don't feel bad for Reyes anymore since he admitted to coasting and trying to avoid a fight in round 5

Jon clearly won imo, no doubt the knee injury played a big factor tho.

Jon beat Santos 4-1 and Reyes 3-2.

rs=w:365,h:365,cg:true

Definitely think Thiago deserves a rematch...

Would love to see what a 100% healthy Thiago Santos does to Jon...
giphy.gif

Unfortunately Santos will likely never be the same. Personally rather see Reyes get the rematch first at least, scoring it live I had Jones 3-2 over Santos and Reyes 3-2 over Jones.

Santos may never recover to be the same, knee injuries often take away speed, power and even confidence to use them all out.

Back