Jon Jones reveals how stupid Sherdog has become (long read)

VVarhead

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People seriously want the undefeated LHW GOAT to leave the UFC? Everywhere I hear people saying his departure would actually benefit the "sport" - what they mean by that is the "UFC"s and Dana White's immediate interest.
I personally just can't believe people would like to have Jones cut from the UFC. If you do, then explain to me why - because I don't get it, and no offense, I seriously just don't get it and I want you to explain your point of view, but here is mine:

This forum is now siding with Dana and the multi-billion dollar corporation instead of a fighter?
I get it, it's Jon Jones, the guy is a douchebag.
But Dana's claim that he asked for 30 million and upwards is ridiculous and obviously false, and Jon wanted to give us the fight vs Ngannou, a fight that his haters and fans alike have craved for. He simply wanted some more money for a move up to HW.
Dana even called him the GOAT recently, and still he can't give the undefeated youngest champ in UFC history a pay bump to make a superfight happen? Dana can't make big fights happen anymore, or never could, apparently.

Now I am by no means a Jon Jones fan, many of you know, but what Sherdog displays right now is simply stupid. A lot of people are blinded by their hate towards Jon.
Jon is a fuckup, but a valuable addition to the UFC and MMA, and we should always side with the fighter, because it sets a precedent.
Sherdog never wanted the corporation to win over the single fighter which equals winning over the sport itself. The UFC studies the fans reaction to stuff like this - they'd have extra leverage to cut even champions or big draws into taking sub-par contracts simply by being able to portray the fighter a certain (bad) way through promotion and in the media and through shills on forums and counting on the fact that the fanbase will be stupid enough to side with the corporation, the brand and Dana White instead of the fighter - just like the MMA bubble does right now with Jon Jones - because yeah, he may be a douchebag and a roider and you might not like him, but him asking for more money to move up to fight Ngannou is in itself not a wrong thing, absolutely not.

It's not him running over a pregnant woman, it's the undefeated LHW champ asking for more money to fight Francis fucking Ngannou.

UPDATE: JON JONES himself confirms lots of things I said in this post:

Look at his other tweets, aswell.
Support the fighters and the sport of MMA, not the billionaires and the corporation and the brand.

Last edited:
Jones only brings the hardcore views to hope to see him lose.

If you were to poll the general population of the world 95% wont know who Ngannou is.

The fight doesn't make tons of money or sense.

jones is a liability for the ufc. he caused them to cancel an entire event. he has brought a ton of negative media attention with him. he may be the best ever but the ufc can for sure afford to let him go. they are the top anyway. if he went to bellator and turned their hw and lhw division into mashed potatoes they will for sure see the value in paying him 15-30 mil to come back. right now though why would they. Jon is close to his end and hes trying to milk all the money possible and they know this. they also know if he left and never came back they can just say he was a steroid cheat and isn't allowed to be ranked in the world rankings or some shit.

Jones only brings the hardcore views to hope to see him lose.

If you were to poll the general population of the world 95% wont know who Ngannou is.

The fight doesn't make tons of money.

Did you read my post?
Why do you care about a multi-billion dollar company making money? Why do you care if the billioniare shareholders get more money shoved down their throat?
It's not about how big of a draw Jon is. He's the youngest champ in UFC history, he has countless title-defenses, he's also a fuck-up, yeah, but he wants to give us a fight that hardcores and the UFC themselves have been asking for, so why not pay up?

Why? I thought this forum was about MMA, not money.

Didn’t read past the first sentence. Starting off a “ long read” with a lie, isn’t the way to go. Liars have made SD garbage. I could have saved you all that typing.

Did you read my post?
Why do you care about a multi-billion dollar company making money? Why do you care if the billioniare shareholders get more money shoved down their throat?
It's not about how big of a draw Jon is. He's the youngest champ in UFC history, he has countless title-defenses, he's also a fuck-up, yeah, but he wants to give us a fight that hardcores and the UFC themselves have been asking for, so why not pay up?

Why? I thought this forum was about MMA, not money.
Why I care is if the company doesn't make money they don't continue to grow.

I dont give a flying fuck about Jones. I surely care about the UFC.

jones is a liability for the ufc. he caused them to cancel an entire event. he has brought a ton of negative media attention with him. he may be the best ever but the ufc can for sure afford to let him go.

Exactly. And if we as the MMA bubble, as the fanbase or at least part of the fanbase (the hardcores) support these kinda cuts, we are supporting becoming a negotiation tool for the UFC to tell fighters basically to play ball as the corporation wants you to, or else the fanbase will turn on you (through help from our media and forum shills etc) and we will cut you.

Some of you people get wrapped up in the wrong thing. You love fighters for personalities and out of cage antics. Easily forget about what they do in the actual sport you're following. These people were broken humans before they stepped in a cage to fight for money. Let them be. Quit being so emotional. Bitches

I almost always side with the fighter in these situations. But Jones is just a big enough piece of shit for me to say good riddance. That's what it boils down to. He's a cheater, a multi-time criminal, most people don't like him, and mainstream fans don't give a shit about him.

I get it, but fuck the corporation even more than Jon Jones. Don't let them win a single fight against a fighter without a fight against the fanbase. They'll get used to it, they'll just start to portray fighters as duckers or make it public (leak) when they pull out of fights or refuse them so they'll have leverage to cut their pay or cut them if they don't corporate slave.
These are independent contractors, they have a right to want more money or refuse to fight, yet you are siding with the corporation billionaires on this issue and wanna cut a fighter for trying to set a good precedent for fighter pay.

Soon there will be no more Al Iaquintas or Jon Jones' who even dare to speak out against the UFC. Fact. Fanbase has to push hard against that.

People seriously want the undefeated LHW GOAT to leave the UFC? Everywhere I hear people saying his departure would actually benefit the "sport" - what they mean by that is the "UFC"s and Dana White's immediate interest.
I personally just can't believe people would like to have Jones cut from the UFC. If you do, then explain to me why - because I don't get it, and no offense, I seriously just don't get it and I want you to explain your point of view, but here is mine:

This forum is now siding with Dana and the multi-billion dollar corporation instead of a fighter?
I get it, it's Jon Jones, the guy is a douchebag.
But Dana's claim that he asked for 30 million and upwards is ridiculous and obviously false, and Jon wanted to give us the fight vs Ngannou, a fight that his haters and fans alike have craved for. He simply wanted some more money for a move up to HW.
Dana even called him the GOAT recently, and still he can't give the undefeated youngest champ in UFC history a pay bump to make a superfight happen? Dana can't make big fights happen anymore, or never could, apparently.

Now I am by no means a Jon Jones fan, many of you know, but what Sherdog displays right now is simply stupid. A lot of people are blinded by their hate towards Jon.
Jon is a fuckup, but a valuable addition to the UFC and MMA, and we should always side with the fighter, because it sets a precedent.
Sherdog never wanted the corporation to win over the single fighter which equals winning over the sport itself. The UFC studies the fans reaction to stuff like this - they'd have extra leverage to cut even champions or big draws into taking sub-par contracts simply by being able to portray the fighter a certain (bad) way through promotion and in the media and through shills on forums and counting on the fact that the fanbase will be stupid enough to side with the corporation, the brand and Dana White instead of the fighter - just like the MMA bubble does right now with Jon Jones - because yeah, he may be a douchebag and a roider and you might not like him, but him asking for more money to move up to fight Ngannou is in itself not a wrong thing, absolutely not.

It's not him running over a pregnant woman, it's the undefeated LHW champ asking for more money to fight Francis fucking Ngannou.
Just stop, man.

He never wanted the fight, he's been talking about moving to HW for years because people won't stop asking him about it. So he outprices to deflect fault from himself to Dana for not fighting there. "See guys, I tried" and all of you ate it right up.

If Jon is telling the truth and Dana is lying, he can release the texts on what's been said himself. I don't think he's asking for 30mil, but I do think he's asking for 15-20mil.

If Jones wants to be cut, then he should be cut. Because I support fighters' rights.

Yes, it's fucked up. The UFC released Gegard, while refusing to release fighters that want to be released. The UFC stopped Fedor-Couture from happening. Nobody should have that much power over somebody else's life. It's insanity.

Government intervention may be the only solution.

Jones-Ngannou may be "a fight that his haters and fans alike have craved for" but it wasn't a fight that the UFC initiated trying to set up. Jones basically offered it up to them on spec.

So it's not so much a tale of the big bad corporation shafting a worker over a contract, as a company choosing to pass on a contractor's bid. Which makes Jones' tantrum about it less Norma Rae and more pushy street peddler.

Just stop, man.

He never wanted the fight, he's been talking about moving to HW for years because people won't stop asking him about it. So he outprices to deflect fault from himself to Dana for not fighting there. "See guys, I tried" and all of you ate it right up.

If Jon is telling the truth and Dana is lying, he can release the texts on what's been said himself. I don't think he's asking for 30mil, but I do think he's asking for 15-20mil.

Corporate propaganda victim, imo. Sorry, man.
Jones literally asked for the fight.
Jon Jones doesn't have a massive promotion, media and business network behind him. UFC does. So whose shit is it more likely you "ate up"?

Back