Biggest robberies/controversial desicions in title fights?

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Biggest robberies/controversial desicions in UFC title fights ? I don't remember too much rn, help me out?

The ones I can remember so far are: Reyes vs Jones, Santos vs Jones, Shevchenko vs Nunes, GSP vs Hendrics, DJ vs Cejudo, etc...

Fun fact: All those desicions went to the champ, except with DJ vs Cejudo (and that's because they DJ wasn't a draw).

You can clearly see how the UFC was playing its cards, giving it to the biggest names/potential draws.

A lot of people talk about the boxing mafia but they don't say anything about the UFC mafia, and I'm not even a boxing fan but that's what it is.

The only time Dana White complained about one of those desicions was with GSP and Hendricks and that was only because GSP retired after that fight and Dana was angry af. With Reyes vs Jones, Dana just said "who gives a sh7t?" (I'm now Jones is throwing him under the bus, KARMA)

This thread again? There haven’t been any title fight fuck ups since the last time. A few weeks ago.

Come on.

Biggest robberies/controversial desicions in UFC title fights ? I don't remember too much rn, help me out?

The ones I can remember so far are: Reyes vs Jones, Santos vs Jones, Shevchenko vs Nunes, GSP vs Hendrics, DJ vs Cejudo, etc...

Fun fact: All those desicions went to the champ, except with DJ vs Cejudo (and that's because they DJ wasn't a draw).

You can clearly see how the UFC was playing its cards, giving it to the biggest names/potential draws.

A lot of people talk about the boxing mafia but they don't say anything about the UFC mafia, and I'm not even a boxing fan but that's what it is.

The only time Dana White complained about one of those desicions was with GSP and Hendricks and that was only because GSP retired after that fight and Dana was angry af. With Reyes vs Jones, Dana just said "who gives a sh7t?" (I'm now Jones is throwing him under the bus, KARMA)
Dude you probably weren't around 11 years ago when the "ufc is a mafia/monopoly" threads were abundant on this site.

Tj Dillashaw vs Dominic Cruz is the obivious answer.

That was razor close. It was recently uploaded to YouTube so anyone can watch it.

The difference maker, for me, was TJ had the very bad strategy of being flat-footed as the fight went on and kept throwing constant head kicks that didn't come close to landing.

Rutten V Randleman to a lot of people. But I agree with the decision.

Couture-Rizzo 1 for sure...not so much 2.
yeah 2 is a toss up, not as bad a robbery as the first by any means, but i think i did have rizzo edge out the second fight.

someone posted the free ffight link to the first one recently near the tony/gaethje fight when ufc put it on yt. always a good watch the first fight is.

Just remembered how bad Shevchenko x Nunes was, god damn I remember that one being a pretty bad one. Thought Valentina clearly won 4-1, if you wanted to be generous you could give the 5th to Nunes for the TD although she did nothing with it but get beat up in Shevchenko's guard, even then still Valentina should've won 3-2.

Oh well

yeah 2 is a toss up, not as bad a robbery as the first by any means, but i think i did have rizzo edge out the second fight.

<mma4>

I think you might need to rewatch that one buddeh.

Bas Randleman
Randleman Rizzo
Hendricks Gsp
DJ Cejudo 2
Never saw either Nunes schev fight
Edgar Penn 1

Back