If Usman and Masvidal end up fighting

Juan Bombadil

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How would you pair up the rest of the top of the division? You’ve got Edwards, Colby, Burns and Thompson? No idea where they go with this one. I can see Dana giving Burns the shot if the division is still stalling

Colby vs Burns
Edwards vs Thompson

If I were a fan of Colby's, I'd much prefer him to fight Edwards or Thompson instead of Burns.

Burns is a horrific matchup for Colby

Edwards vs Conor (Brit vs Irl)
Colby vs Burns (Trump vs Braz)

Colby vs Burns
Edwards vs Thompson

If I were a fan of Colby's, I'd much prefer him to fight Edwards or Thompson instead of Burns.

Burns is a horrific matchup for Colby

Edwards v Thompson - might be a stinker with both preferring to fight on the counter. Tough to call that one. Would pick Edwards to win a decision.

Edwards vs Conor (Brit vs Irl)
Colby vs Burns (Trump vs Braz)

Conor fans - need to forget his chances against any top 10 WW. He can't bully anyone decent at this weight. He'd get smashed in the later rounds of he'd be lucky enough to make it that far.

Edwards v Thompson - might be a stinker with both preferring to fight on the counter. Tough to call that one. Would pick Edwards to win a decision.
Edwards will mix up his strikes with takedowns

He's a very underrated MMA wrestler

I'm a fan. He's underrated full stop.

If they fight I hope you would.be right!
The only thing that makes me nervous in regards a fight with Conor is the fact that Barberena hurt Leon pretty badly at the end of the second round I believe, other than that I have Edwards all day in that matchup. Too well-versed and polished for a one-dimensional guy like McGregor.

Edwards should have been pushing Wonderboys name as a possibility as soon as Wonderboy beat Luque. Leon v Wonderboy, now that's a very interesting fight and a step up for Leon in competition. Defeating the last man to beat Masvidal... that would definitely be enough shine to get a very prideful Masvidal interested

Tbf he did have Woodley lined up but Woodley made the fight with Burns on the turnaround once the other event with Leon was cancelled, still havent heard anything from Leon, especially about Wonderboy

I wouldn't mind seeing Colby take a fight with Chiesa who is a top 15 on a 3 fight W streak and called out Colby after getting the W over Dos Anjos. Gives Colby a chance to test his jaw from a guy not known for his power striking.

Edwards should have been pushing Wonderboys name as a possibility as soon as Wonderboy beat Luque. Leon v Wonderboy, now that's a very interesting fight and a step up for Leon in competition. Defeating the last man to beat Masvidal... that would definitely be enough shine to get a very prideful Masvidal interested

Tbf he did have Woodley lined up but Woodley made the fight with Burns on the turnaround once the other event with Leon was cancelled, still havent heard anything from Leon, especially about Wonderboy
It’s funny that without covid, Edwards might be in Burns’ position right now, Usman really couldn’t dent Edwards if he had beat Woodley

Back