Jon Jones is the 3rd Highest Paid Fighter in the UFC

Arista

XX
@Black
Reaction score

According to Ariel @ 2:40

Jon Jones is the 3rd highest paid fighter despite drawing less than McGregor, Khabib, Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal. Hell, Ben Askren had more buzz. And in his career historically he drew less than Honda, Lesnar, GSP, and at times Anderson Silva.

How can anybody justify Jones potentially making more money than Khabib with how big he is globally and definitely making more than Nate Diaz who draws more and always makes an entertaining fight? If win records and achievements dictated pay, Mighty Mouse would be one of the highest paid in the sport, Moose would have got the money he was calling for instead of getting released and Cejudo wouldn't have "retired". That's not how the business works and if you're going to argue it should, then you'd also have to argue that Amanda Nunes get Deontay Wilder money too.

Jones isn't a money maker. And trying to leverage his arguable GOAT status when he has fallen off hard and lost his last fight is desperate and nonsensical. Either Jon is delusional which is absolutely believable given his megalomania or this is a diversion to avoid the Reyes rematch which I'm sure has been offered to him by now.

id guess jones is a bigger draw then nate. Not hating on nate, but hes involved with other name fighters which helps his numbers. The last 4 years, hes fought connorx2, pettis and masvidal. Jones is headlining cards against guys like that are not draws (santos, smith, reyes). If nate was to headline vs a leon edwards or stephen thompson, you think he puts up bigger number then jon jones? I dont.

Been saying this forever, no one ever debates me on the numbers.
id guess jones is a bigger draw then nate. Not hating on nate, but hes involved with other name fighters which helps his numbers. The last 4 years, hes fought connorx2, pettis and masvidal. Jones is headlining cards against guys like that are not draws (santos, smith, reyes). If nate was to headline vs a leon edwards or stephen thompson, you think he puts up bigger number then jon jones? I dont.
You don't have to guess man, the PPV #'s are out there.
PPV #' s

PPV #' s
like i said, nate is fighting guys that are big draws or in the case of pettis, hes not even headling. Im guessing anyone who gets to fight connor multiple times would have great numbers. Last ppv nate did prior to connor was a brock lesnar headliner. Jones is always headlining as the A side. apples and oranges.

Seems like a fake outrage by Jon Jones. The guy has spent almost his entire career in the UFC as champion. He knows exactly how this chit works by now.

How much did Jon Jones really expect from a match up with Francis anyway? The guy claims he never asked for Wilder level money but then in a tweet he's bringing up boxing. Jones clearly is interested in boxing level money despite denying it.

Futhermore DC reportedly made 500k against Volkan Oezdemir and 500k against Stipe. Why would this be any different for Jones?

The UFC isn't going to give you money just because you *deserve it*. Nope. They give you just enough money based on potential sell-ability

Incorrect. Jones has not had a decent opponent in how many years? And struggles with them anyway?

Incorrect. Jones has not had a decent opponent in how many years? And struggles with them anyway?
i dont understand your point. Were talking ppv numbers, not how well he performed or difficulty of opponent.

i dont understand your point. Were talking ppv numbers, not how well he performed or difficulty of opponent.
"I'd guess Jones is a bigger draw than Nate"

Incorrect.

He get's more buys per year maybe due to how active he is, but Jones' number post-Rashad, and maybe the fights with DC, have not done that well. For years now, Jones is fighting basically nobodies, and not even doing well. At least Conor knocked the fuck out of his freebie fights to generate some hype with the retard WWE fans.

Seems like a fake outrage by Jon Jones. The guy has spent almost his entire career in the UFC as champion. He knows exactly how this chit works by now.

How much did Jon Jones really expect from a match up with Francis anyway? The guy claims he never asked for Wilder level money but then in a tweet he's bringing up boxing. Jones clearly is interested in boxing level money despite denying it.

Futhermore DC reportedly made 500k against Volkan Oezdemir and 500k against Stipe. Why would this be any different for Jones?

The UFC isn't going to give you money just because you *deserve it*. Nope. They give you just enough money based on potential sell-ability

DC made a lot more than $500k, he got $4million to fight Black Beast.

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/25/...d-4-million-derrick-lewis-blowout-ufc-230-mma

"I'd guess Jones is a bigger draw than Nate"

Incorrect.

He get's more buys per year maybe due to how active he is, but Jones' number post-Rashad, and maybe the fights with DC, have not done that well. For years now, Jones is fighting basically nobodies, and not even doing well. At least Conor knocked the fuck out of his freebie fights to generate some hype with the retard WWE fans.
youre still not making sense. Jones fighting lower level/name opponents and still doing decent ppv numbers is exactly what im saying. Nate is figting bigger names or coheadlining under bigger names then the guys jones is fighting. Like i already said, have jon jones fight connor mcgregor or be the coheadline to brock lesnar and then have nate headline vs leon edwards and tell me whos numbers are better.

PPV #' s
Lol post them. Please show me how Nate Diaz is a bigger draw than Jones lmaoo. If he is, that says something about this sport

I don't think he ever wanted the fight with Ngannou, his plan was likely always to hype himself off of Francis's recent win and then shoot down the fight by asking for unrealistic money, very common tactic in boxing.

Clip not available for me..

If currently it makes sense he is one of the most consistent draws of the last decade and on a championship contract.

Who else besides Conor and khabib?

Lol post them. Please show me how Nate Diaz is a bigger draw than Jones lmaoo. If he is, that says something about this sport
All you have to do is click the link I provided. It's OK you're half way there. You already quoted me, now you just have to read my post and click on the orange letters. Good job champ!

youre still not making sense. Jones fighting lower level/name opponents and still doing decent ppv numbers is exactly what im saying. Nate is figting bigger names or coheadlining under bigger names then the guys jones is fighting. Like i already said, have jon jones fight connor mcgregor or be the coheadline to brock lesnar and then have nate headline vs leon edwards and tell me whos numbers are better.

i agree 100%. the problem here is, Jones fucked that up himself. when he could've had built momentum to get a big money fight he kept getting suspended. nobody but his own fault, with Ronda being KO'd in 2015 and Jones coming off a win vs DC his biggest adversary he was ripe to clean up some 1 or 2 more title defenses impressively and make a money fight where he can pull in huge numbers, but that never happened because his steroid scandal. Conor McGregor came in and took his shine basically when he KO'd Aldo that year.

he cannot really say he deserves a money fight because he has zero momentum and that is a big thing when it comes to generating cash. Masvidal's current run is a great example.

like i said, nate is fighting guys that are big draws or in the case of pettis, hes not even headling. Im guessing anyone who gets to fight connor multiple times would have great numbers. Last ppv nate did prior to connor was a brock lesnar headliner. Jones is always headlining as the A side. apples and oranges.
Come on man lol you guys move way too many goal posts for Jon. By your logic shouldn't Jon have gotten his rub from being on two Brock Lesnar cards? One of them being UFC 100? Plus his rivalry with DC (since Nate only got his PPV rub from being in a public rivalry right?) which where his highest numbers ever.

i agree 100%. the problem here is, Jones fucked that up himself. when he could've had built momentum to get a big money fight he kept getting suspended. nobody but his own fault, with Ronda being KO'd in 2015 and Jones coming off a win vs DC his biggest adversary he was ripe to clean up some 1 or 2 more title defenses impressively and make a money fight where he can pull in huge numbers, but that never happened because his steroid scandal. Conor McGregor came in and took his shine basically when he KO'd Aldo that year.

he cannot really say he deserves a money fight because he has zero momentum and that is a big thing when it comes to generating cash. Masvidal's current run is a great example.

Honestly in retrospect I wonder whether Jones wasn't quite happy to be suspended when he was? it ment he could avoid the Rumble fights and then face Cormier instead. He can't really say he dominated that era of LHW for me when he avoided fighting the clear #3 guy.

Back