Trade scenarios for Jon Jones

GueseGuy

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
If the UFC doesn’t want to release Jon Jones. What if they traded him? What about Bader, Lima and like James Gallagher for Jon Jones? What do you guys think?

Bader is a legit LHW replacement in the top 3

Lima has a ton of hype and would be main event material in his first fight against a guy like Masvidal

And Gallagher is a young prospect and marketable Irish guy and the UFC loves those

Last edited:
If the UFC doesn’t want to release Jon Jones. What if they traded him? What about Bader, Lima and like James Gallagher for Jon Jones? What do you guys think?
If we’re gonna lose him regardless, I wouldnt be mad if we got MVP or Lima in return. But I don’t think this actually going to happen.

Last edited:
Jon is bluffing. NO way in hell does UFC release him from their contract. If the UFC couldn't release him after 3 failed drug tests, then trust me he is staying for good. If the UFC were to trade him. It would be for a high level fighter like Fedor.

No way the UFC will let him go. They'll eventually give in and offer him an amount of money that he's happy with

I wish UFC and Bellator/ other promotions did a draft every year. Trade Jones for Lima and Mckee.

he not going any where. bellator wouldnt pay him crazy money there losing the dazn deal.

Would be awesome if promotions could openly bid on fighter's contracts and compete with each other. At the same time, it's nice to have everyone under the same roof so we can see the best fights.

I don't think anyone in Bellator has enough hype (like Askren had) to justify a trade like that. Bader went through the UFC without making too much noise. Gallagher they could use promotion wise until he gets KTFO again, which is almost guaranteed in the sharktank that is 145. Lima is the most legit guy there, but not much traction with casuals.

Best choices would be Lima and MVP.

I dunno if Bellator would want to match what he's making in the UFC to be honest bro. I think he'd be looking at getting more anyway, otherwise there's no point in leaving.

The ufc would be dumb to trade him they're better off keeping him locked up and away from any other organization, plus the only half interesting fight for him outside the ufc is bader.

If he is released, he will retire. It is hard to imagine that another league wants to help him deal with the pulsing and DUI problems.

he not going any where. bellator wouldnt pay him crazy money there losing the dazn deal.
Bellator could pay him whatever they wanted .. Fedor makes $2m without a doubt. Maybe even more. Jones would get a good contract from them for sure. Viacom/CBS has a ton of money. And Bellator doesn’t need the DAZN deal. They’re doing just fine.

i know this is just a hypothetical thread, but you cant just trade fighters to other org's.

Bring back your boy Demetrius Johnson! With flyweight officially over with, he will have no choice but to fight bantamweight.

Some of the names you mentioned probably don't want to go to the UFC (like MVP or Bader). I'd like to see the UFC trade JBJ for Lima and Ilima.

Jarl

Back