If Jon Jones gets released from UFC, who scoops him up first Bellator or Eddie Hearn?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a feeling Jones will actually go the boxing route, Bellator will offer him a good contract but Eddie Hearn will throw him a massive crazy money deal Jones cant refuse. Hearn will probably offer him insane money like 3 fights for 50 million.

Jones will likely compete at 200 pounds in boxing the Cruiserweight division and fightin Saudi Arabia or something.

Lol why would UFC release him?? Jon is locked in a champion clause contract, it doesn't go away by forfeiting the title.

Jon isn't going anywhere, stop with this nonsense.

I have a feeling Jones will actually go the boxing route, Bellator will offer him a good contract but Eddie Hearn will throw him a massive crazy money deal Jones cant refuse. Hearn will probably offer him insane money like 3 fights for 50 million.

Jones will likely compete at 200 pounds in boxing the Cruiserweight division and fightin Saudi Arabia or something.
The odds of Jon actually boxing are about the same as Floyd doing MMA, so let's set those fantasies aside.

One FC. I doubt Jones would turn that down because that is a new market for him and he has no competition over there. He can juice as well and be seen by a lot of people and will be well compensated. On the downside, ONE FC might go bankrupt unless he brings in a serious amount of viewers.

He's not getting release and he can't even vacate his title without the UFC agreeing. n n

Don't believe me? Remember what happened when Randy Couture tried it before cause he wanted to fight Fedor. UFC created an interim title where Nog and Tim Sylvia fought for that belt. Nog won and Randy wouldn't fight Nog, Nog then ended up fighting Mir and Randy eventually came back to fight Brock and lost to Brock, setting up Mir vs Brock for the undisputed title.

Reason UFC didn't let Randy vacate was because of the "Championship Clause" that extends a contract for the lesser of 1 year or 4 matches.

You would surprised to know how few people in boxing circles know about Jones or his accomplishments. Outside of the Connor and Khabib, most boxing fans have no clue who is champion. GSP was on the popular New York radio station "The Breakfast Club" and the hosts had no idea who he was.

That isn't a knock on MMA, boxing suffers from the same problem. Outside of Pacman, Floyd, Canelo, Fury, Wilder and Joshua, most people can't readily name guys like Abner Mares, the Charlo brothers or Danny Jacobs.

Jones in boxing would do nothing for him. He would get absolutely murked by any decent heavy weight. John's an excellent striker, but because he uses his kicks and elbows effectively. In boxing, you take away his favorite tools, oblique kicks to the knee and finger pokes.

leighton2.jpg

Not gonna happen. But if it did, Bellator couldn’t afford him.

He won't be anywhere but the UFC for a long time, and would never go into boxing. Can't poke people in the eye with boxing gloves on.

Lol
Pokes is going to stay exactly where he is.
Waiting for the UFC to ask how many times he have to jump...and how high.
Only reason dude have ANY kind of career is because the UFC kept him in,no matter how much dirty or stupidly terrible shit he did.

You have yellow cards again? Smh lol

Jones will get killed if he goes to boxing, he’s not a great boxer. He mostly throws kicks from a distance, it’s in the clinch where he elbows and knees you to death. In boxing he loses all his advantages.

Lol he cant be serious about boxing? Among the current champs in the UFC he is by far the worst boxer. His hands are just bad. His kicks, knees, elbows, clinch game and reach make him very difficult to deal with on the feet but his boxing is just trash like really bad

Do not think UFC will release him but there is a fight waiting for him with Bellator in Ryan Bader . Who has improved over the years and I think Jon Jones has slipped a little.

They have a contract. There is no reason Dana should let that ungrateful maniac out of it.

And if he did, where exactly could Jones go with the price tag he is demanding? He wants a good 15-20 mil a fight. Confirmed. Where is that happening? Bellator couldn't afford the 5m he is making now.

Among all this crazy talk I haven't seen one mention of what the terms of JJ's contract are.

Bellator can't afford to pay him $5m per fight (presumably he'd want more, otherwise what's the point in leaving?). Neither can ONE or PFL or anyone else. Boxing might for a fight, but then his earning power there would diminish once he inevitably gets beaten up in his first fight because he's not a great boxer.

He could maybe look at self-promoting his fights. But who against? Is he a big enough draw? I can only see that working for Conor?

Maybe Golden Boy tries again with MMA, but I doubt it.

Back