Could Blagoi successfully appeal the loss?

Pierced7681

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It was a close fight, and that blatant cage grab in the third cost him the win IMO. If he appealed, do you think the commission would overturn it? He seems to have a pretty strong case.

No, as there is literally no proof he would have won. And the ref didn’t deduct a point.

ref made two mistakes. He should have either taken a point or restarted them on the ground.

ref made two mistakes. He should have either taken a point or restarted them on the ground.

Ref fucked up but there's no precedent for them overturning a result for a fence grab. It's up to the ref to deal with at the time.

These appeals are mostly public relations moves by the fighter's managers. No chance it works, and I don't see Ivanov doing it anyways.

If no one cared about it in Jacare/Romero then there might be a shortage of fucks to give over some random HW slopfest

If no one cared about it in Jacare/Romero then there might be a shortage of fucks to give over some random HW slopfest
I thought romero unleashed the cuban missles on the aligator from down south

Why wasn't Hardy's NC against Ben Sosoli, where he used an inhaler between rounds, restored to a win?

- Hardy has asthma
- Hardy disclosed the inhaler on a prefight questionnaire
- Hardy asked for permission from a commission inspector during the fight
- the active ingredient in the inhaler isn't banned by WADA except in extremely large doses

I thought romero unleashed the cuban missles on the aligator from down south
1004255305_mma_ufc194_12121_1.jpg

Has any athletic commission overturned any decision in an MMA fight (not including failed tests) for something like this?

Yes, no, and yes. Yes, that was a huge miss by the Ref, and no, nothing will ever be done about it and yes, it will happen again.

sheit lol I literally dont remeber this, all I recall was them standing and banging and jacare was really wobbly but he ate everything romero hitem with
Yeah Romero rocked Jacare in the 1st, all 3 judges gave Romero the 1st. All 3 gave the 3rd to Jacare...

The fight came down to the 2nd, which is when Romero grabbed the fence and deprived Jacare of a TD. It was a very close round, no points were taken for the grab, 2/3 judges gave it to Romero

Never seen a fence grab have such an impact on a fight that went to decision

Back