Jon Jones is pulling a Leslie Smith.

acannxr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
He realizes that his career is nearly over, so he demands a crazy amount of money, then acts like he's doing it for the sake of the other fighters; Leslie Smith did the same thing with the union and Sherdog tore her a new one.

Jones does not care about the other fighters, otherwise he wouldn't have been dancing his way aboard the airplane that was transporting everyone from Las Vegas to California all because his failed drug tests forced the UFC to move the entire event.

Imagine if Dana called his bluff, cut him from the UFC and publicly told him to sign up with Bellator.

Not saying it is likely to happen, but I believe Dana when he says he doesn't care at this stage.

He doesn’t have to give Bellator that gift.

Jon has relinquished his title. Cannot go to boxing, Bellator nor anywhere else.

LHW div & UFC will get along just fine without ths diva.

Imagine if Dana called his bluff, cut him from the UFC and publicly told him to sign up with Bellator.

Not saying it is likely to happen, but I believe Dana when he says he doesn't care at this stage.
I would love that honestly.

He realizes that his career is nearly over, so he demands a crazy amount of money, then acts like he's doing it for the sake of the other fighters; Leslie Smith did the same thing with the union and Sherdog tore her a new one.

Jones does not care about the other fighters, otherwise he wouldn't have been dancing his way aboard the airplane that was transporting everyone from Las Vegas to California all because his failed drug tests forced the UFC to move the entire event.
cowboy bebop is theeee shit

If Dana thought it would make more money than it would cost, he would do it. We don't know what Jon was actually asking for. If we did, we could look at what Jon has been drawing the last few years and see if it would make sense financially to pay him what he wants. My gut feeling is that Jon thinks he can draw more buys than he actually can, especially coming off a close SD to a fighter that casual fans haven't heard of.

I would think he just wants some hardcore attention.

Jones is doing it for himself, he is aaking monet cause its Ngannou, Smith was asking money just to fight, wanted a contract while being a pain for the UFC who cant draw and surely wasnt missed one bit when she was let go, Jones is a different story on every possible aspect.

Jones is acting for his own interests, no doubt about it.

However, make no mistake about it that his action could potentially be a catalyst for positive change in terms of better pays and bargaining power for MMA fighters down the road.

People can hate him all they want, but if they love the sport of MMA, they need to at least separate their personal hate for Jones and what is good for the sport.

Jones' pulling a Leslie Smith is good for improving fighters pay, which will attract better talents, and this is good for the future of the sport.

Sounds more like a Colin Kaepernick. ;)

Honestly, Jones is a smart dude. His last couple of fights were closer than they should have been. He’s not leading the best lifestyle for a champion fighter. His GOAT win streak is on borrowed time. Either get a MASSIVE paycheck or quit now with his legacy preserved. It’s win/ win for him.

I believe Smith actually did see the benefit for a fighter's union and Jones couldn't care less about anyone except himself

I agree. Leslie Smith had nothing to gain (and nothing to really lose either) standing up to the UFC. She was not a draw, had no bargaining power and was at the end of her career. At this point, she certainly is not going to gain much from a fighter's union.

Back