Should Jorge Masvidal vs Gilbert Burns be next and who wins?

KevinLee

✮ ✮ RICH KING LIVING IN JEI'S HEAD✮ ✮
@Brown
Reaction score
upload_2020-5-31_11-24-40.pngupload_2020-5-31_11-25-22.png
How would this fight play out on the feet? I think Burn's black belt would be the difference but on the feet it would be very interesting.

No, Usman needs a fight and one of those guys should be the contender.

We can’t let contenders eliminate each other while the champ sits back inactive.

Mr Snrub smokes journeyman Jorge

Wouldn't be that interested but I would watch.

Masvidal probably wins by ko. Gilbert is a former LW and so is Masvidal and Gilbert tends to get lit up by lws. He would have no speed advantage.

Jorge is still one of the best boxers in mma with amazing TDD. He takes a decision.

Should be
Usman vs Masvidal and Burns vs Edwards/Covington

winners fight for title

Should be
Usman vs Masvidal and Burns vs Edwards/Covington

winners fight for title
Masvidal doesn't wanna fight Usman. How will they make him fight Usman at gun point?

Masvidal wants to keep beating up nate diaz instead of progressing in the ranks.

Not really a Masvidal fan but he'd embarrass Burns with hilarious ease

Many here will say Burns though due to the recency bias of him beating Woodley's ghost

I want to see Masvidal vs Edwards or Usman... I think Covington vs Burns would be a great match up.

Not really a Masvidal fan but he'd embarrass Burns with hilarious ease

Many here will say Burns though due to the recency bias of him beating Woodley's ghost

Gilbert burns will be the new flavour of the month and well talked about on here for the next few weeks as some unbeatable, mystic dragon.... happens everytime some fighter gets a win on here. Everyone was loving Masvidal but because he hasnt fought for a while now he is journeyman bum that would lose to everybody.

We can't keep flip-flipping on who the challenger should be, esp not after a win like this; Woodley is not even in the top 5 anymore.

It should be Jorge first, Edwards gets winner, then Burns. ..and ffs stop mentioning Colbie, who is still recovering from getting his stupid mouth broken.

I say forget about Masvidal and give the fight to Scott or Burns. I think Scott deserves it more anyways, and if Masvidal thinks he's too good for everyone, let him fight Nate etc, but if he wants the titleshot afterwards, let him wait in line.

Masvidal wants to keep beating up nate diaz instead of progressing in the ranks.

can you blame him in this current UFC/ESPN era?

Conor was gone for 2 years after his most devastating loss and returned to an elevated GOAT Hero status in just one fight mainly perpetuated by the media.

He solidified his exorbitant salary demands by defeating a guy who was destroyed in his last 2 fights to then having his name mentioned in the title picture of not one but 2 divisions. Conor can cherry pick opponents and make millions never fighting for a title much less defending one. Jorge is trying to do the same on a much lower scale and it might just get him the payday(s) he wants.

No. It should be Burns and Usman, and Masvidal and whatever money fight he thinks he's gonna get. Masvidal made a big payday against Nate, and probably wasn't happy about taking a pay cut to fight for the title. He has clearly said several times that he's in it for the money at this point and doesn't care about belts.

He passed, so they should give Burns a title shot. Maybe Burns and Masvidal can fight after Burns takes the title and the payday is a little more appealing than Snoozeman money.

200.gif

Back