The greatest welterweight of all time just got beat by a nobody

RicksonsGrip

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Tyron Woodley really seems to be living up to the hype.... makes erone realize the greatness of a true great as gsp..

To think this fool was claiming to be the goat, as we see him back pedal and have no answers when a threat comes... pathetic

This thread is Lightweights.

Mods, this is your duty. Thanks in advance

I never understood how Woodley had any claim to being above GSP or Hughes at WW. He should have lost either if not both Wonderboy fights, had one of if not THE most boring title fights in UFC history, Till is his only impressive title defense then got dominated by Usman and now Burns.

Burns is not a nobody. He's a highly credentialed BJJ guy that was on a 5 fight win streak. Gunnar was a very good win despite what his haters might say and Maia was a great win as well.

Woodley was never that good.
Beat past his prime Lawler with a lucky punch then bought his own hype and turn diva.
I put the blame on entourage and woodley own egomania.

To be fair, Woodley is pushing 40 now, his activity level has been poor the last couple of years and his previous fight was him getting dominated for 5 rounds. Theres a case to be made that hes just on the downslide.

I dont think on his best day he was the GOAT WW though.

His music is so bad, he had to wear headphones walking out to his own song.

Ufc structure is shit these days you're top 5 have the oldest and experienced guys who just keeping fighting themselves...

Below that are the real competition young up and comers who train with them and know how to beat them..

Like colby and uzmen
Now like burns

Rankings dont work if they did burns woulda faught uzmen a while ago..

Back