Tito Ortiz used to actually sound like a normal, cool guy...

Eusung

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I don't know wtf happened to him but it's like ever since he reached his mid 30s his brain aged 40 years.

During the time when he was the LHW champion and a few years after that he was a pretty decent trash talker and really got a rise out of Ken Shamrock. What Chael did to Tito at the press conference in Bellator, Tito used to do to Ken Shamrock.

Now he has become the biggest gaffe machine in MMA:

You’re confusing him with his persona. In the early days he used to apologize, now he commits. He has nothing to prove to us fans. Watch early Tito, it’s hilarious.

Oh, he absolutely was. I think a lot of it had to do with the confidence he had as champion.

Brain trauma has clearly affected his speech in recent years.

Plus Randy and Ken come from the Chad Mendes school of trash talk so anyone with a speck of charisma will look like Muhammad Ali next to those two.

Plus Randy and Ken come from the Chad Mendes school of trash talk so anyone with a speck of charisma will look like Muhammad Ali next to those two.

This is also true, lol.

Definitely used to be a lot sharper. Not sure when/where it went so down hill.

I prefer Tito the gaffe machine.

He's always been a legitimate meathead if you ask me, but he's definitely gotten way worse over the years.

well look at ken when they intervew him after fighting dan severn and compare it with ken vs tito
I think it has to do with confidence and trying to prove something.
when they started they were young confident and didnt have so much pressure...and they just talked normal. they werent trying to sell you an image or a brand. just a normal guy talkin about a fight. then when they started trying too hard ...theres a reason they didnt make it as actors

Cracked skull was an entertainer for sure

Back