Does woodley have no heart?

Bearknuckle

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I hope this doesnt come off as fighter bashing. But it seems to me he’s a front runner. The moment he has any adversity he just shells up and cant come back. I knew from the first round he was gonna lose all 5 rounds or even get finished.

imo, all the real goats have come back from big adversities and showed a champions heart.

anderson came back from chael’s 49.999-45 Score cards to a submission win.

gsp got headkicked by condit and came back and beat him thoroughly.

fedor got randlexed and hail mary punch from fujita and came back to win that same round.

even guys like adesanya got nearly KO’d and came went after it still.

woodley just folds ala rumble the moment he gets the heat put on him.

I think it’s a combination of a lack of skills and a mental block. He doesn’t seem to ever want out, but he just freezes up. Even when he’s at his best he is low volume most of the time though. Somebody like Romero can be very patient, but there’s more intelligence to his game and he manages to get off each fight. Woodley will sometimes do nothing at all.

I also think he’s overrated. His title run wa meh tbh. A draw vs wonderboy and a close decision. Million mile Maia and green till

his best win was a early KO of lawler.
overrated? shut the fuck up!

You guys are dumb. Its because he doesn't trust in his ability to take a punch, hence why you never see him trade with guys, as well as him only having 7 knockouts even though he hits like a tank. Combine that with slower reaction time with age and wear and tear and there you have it

He got clipped hard early and he was cut pretty badly, yet he continued to fight for 5 more rounds. I think it's absurd to say Woodley has no heart. I think it's clear that he is past his prime and he needs to retire.

He just doesn't seem to want to let his hands go.

He got clipped hard and he was cut pretty badly, yet he continued to fight for 5 more rounds. I think it's absurd to say he has no heart. I think it's clear that he is past his prime and he needs to retire.
Lots of guys get clipped and still come back to win.
Stipe got dropped hard by overeem.
Anderson got mauled for 99.7% of the fight.
GSP got head kicked by NBK and was cut and busted up worse than woodley.
Fedor got clipped, and spiked on his head by a guy named the monster.
frankie edgar got TKO’d 3 times in 1 fight and tko’d another 3 times in another fight and came back to win both.

Btw showing heart doesnt just mean u gotta win, it means u fight back and give it your all trying to win. When woodley gets put in a bad position he just plays scared and gets beat on. Burns slapped him several times tonight.

Nah he's got a heart
bSg.gif

He had heart if he didn’t he’d never would have been a champ he just old as fuck and don’t have his physical abilities anymore

I thought tonight he showed some heart I mean he got dropped and mounted right away but fought back. He threw a few haymakers and for his standards tried hard. Burns just made him look bad.

I recall a respected ex-ufc fighter, pundit, journo etc saying he’s not really a fighter in the true sense.....

He’s not all-in, in the sense that he’s not will to change his style and risk taking a few more shots to get the win. He’s huge, he’s athletic and he has to the ability to put fighters on the ground at will if he goes on the offensive, but he opts to try and win by taking as less damage as possible, which reduces his chances of winning. He won’t adapt because he hasn’t got it in him.

Hardly was and is, bang on.

Last edited:
His camp are not very good, especially in the striking Make a change Wood

I recall a respected ex-ufc fighter, pundit, journo etc saying he’s not really a fighter in the true sense.....

He’s not all-in, in the sense that he’s not will to change his style and risk taking a few more shots to get the win. He’s huge, he’s athletic and he has to the ability to put fighters on the ground at will if he goes on the offensive, but he opts to try and win by taking as less damage as possible, which reduces his chances of winning. He won’t adapt because he hasn’t got it in him.

Hardly was and is, bang on.
I don’t think he is that great of a takedown artist.

Back