Beating Woodley has MERIT now?

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Woodley beat a BATTERED Robbie Lawler. He should not be held on some pedigree of excellence. Yes, great fight today, but Woodley's stock was never that good. Why would this guy get a title shot over Mas?

I won't feed your troll sentence about "Woodley never been that good etc" but yeah currently he can't pretend to a title shot.

However Mas want no part of Usman and would rather fight guys like Conor or Nate.

Edward, Colby and I assume Burns would willingly fight Kamaru. They doesn't have to worry about Mas for the reasons explained above.

Woodley had the same look about him during the intro as he did against Usman. I thought he was going to get stopped in a couple of rounds.

WTF is TS on about, yer i can understand the Woodley hate but he is at worst a top 5 WW of all time, ofcoarse a win over him counts

this is the sherdog i know and love, win a few your GOAT and "insert name" 2.0 lose a few. you were never any good/

It's been the third time Woodley just shuts off, against Burns Usman and Macdonald. Get your ass off of the cage ffs.

Beating woodley is more impressive than anyone on Masvidals record.

Beating opponents is a notch on a resume. Woodley is a previous champ. Burns has now beat a champ. What don't you understand about that?

WTF is TS on about, yer i can understand the Woodley hate but he is at worst a top 5 WW of all time, ofcoarse a win over him counts

Ahead of him I got Hughes, GSP, Usman, Shields. I'd probably put him in at 5 but he's about on a par with Lawler. Given almost nothing happened in those two Wonderboy fights I'm tempted to put Lawler ahead of him even though he lost the head-to-head.

yeah TECHNICALLY the draw could be counted as a defense, since title did not change hands, but it was not a win.
But to the topic. Just before Usman fight TWood was touted as a WW GOAT and now he was never that good.

Let's just discredit a guy because you don't like him huh?

Robbie Lawler was a battered fighter when he fought Woodley? Sherdog was calling for GSP to come out retirement to decide who the best 170 fighter was. He was a -240 favorite against Woodley.

Let's ignore the 2 of the biggest single skill fighters in modern UFC history in Maia and Thompson. Maia was 26-6 and Thompson was 13-1 overall while being 8-1 in the UFC at that time. Especially Maia who has challenged for gold in 2 different weight classes.

Beat the spiy out of Till who is about to challenge for the MW title if he wins his next fight.

Yeah let's shit all over his accomplishments because TS doesn't like.

Fighters lose even the best ones. Unless your Mayweather everyone loses and everyone fades out the game.

Does beating Woodley in 2020 mean anything? Facepalm.

yeah TECHNICALLY the draw could be counted as a defense, since title did not change hands, but it was not a win.
But to the topic. Just before Usman fight TWood was touted as a WW GOAT and now he was never that good.
Draw is considered a retention but not technically a defense

Back