What are the pros and cons of looking up fight histories on Fight Finder or Wikipedia?

Lethal_Striker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Not sure if this post belongs in UFC forum, Worldwide MMA or wherever since its a rather vague discussion of MMA in general.

Wikipedia doesn't have a page for a lot of the smaller cards but it has the advantage of you can look back at an old UFC, Strikeforce or whatever event and see what weight the fight was contested at. Fight Finder in its favor lists who the referee of the match was. Obviously Fight Finder is the more comprehensive and well rounded place to look up a guys fight history but there is a few benefits for Wikipedia also. Just wondering your opinions.

I like fight finder everyone on fight finder has a page. I'd like for the fight finder the say what weight class or if it were a title fight.

I always use tapology for looking up fighter histories, I like that it includes cancelled fights

I find looking at fight cards easier on tapology
I just checked out Tapology and its cool how they also list their kickboxing, bareknuckle and boxing matches also.

I use tapology and fight finder. Wikipedia is good for personal info on a fighter, but I don’t like the layout.

Fight finder is shit on mobile, I wish they would add weightclasses, like you said at least they have the refs listed
Wiki is missing a lot of fighters (like Pele wtf), but it has the "notes" section which is helpful
Tapology is ok

personal opinion - Wiki's layout is the nicest to look at.

Not MMA but Boxrec looks like dogshit but it has a ton of info. But they make you make an account to see all the info.

I always use tapology for looking up fighter histories, I like that it includes cancelled fights

I think this is one of the best features.
You can know if it was short notice, opponents sweeped, location change, etc.

Tapology also has a much better visualization, everything fits in just one screen. With Sherdog you have to click a lot.

I think this is one of the best features.
You can know if it was short notice, opponents sweeped, location change, etc.

Tapology also has a much better visualization, everything fits in just one screen. With Sherdog you have to click a lot.
I forgot about this, Tapology is nice and organized with this info. With wiki you gotta read the bios

Back