News Leon Edwards attempts trash talk at Masvidal & Woodley calls them "WEIRD"

Brodie

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Speaking exclusively to LowKickMMA Edwards revealed his amazement at seeing Masvidal pass on a title shot in favour of a fight with Diaz who admits is a bigger name but shouldn’t be pursued over the chance to become a champion.

“It’s weird,” Edwards said. “It’s very weird. In the history of the sport I’ve never known someone to turn down a title shot. Like, literally running away from a title shot, it’s weird. He’s either outbidding himself or just now saying he’s fighting (Nate) Diaz. I know he’s probably a bigger name but as far as technically when it’s all said and done you want to be a champion don’t you? And he does want to be a world champion so it’s weird, I don’t know, I don’t know how to take it.”

Edwards took his opportunity to fire back at Woodley calling him the biggest “clout chaser” in MMA who is using his name to create drama on social media.

“He’s the biggest clout chaser there is,” Edwards said. “He’s weird. He’s a weird man. He’s like ‘everyone talks and I fight’ blah blah blah but he does the most talking on social media which is weird. Even this week he said ‘ahh I just seen the (Masvidal) video’. Like, no you didn’t. It’s like you had nothing to say about me. He wanted to make something up and try to keep carrying something on. Like, shut up you’re weird.”

Leon is right about Woodley being weird, 38 y/o btw and Masvidal is turning down a title fight.

Nothing weird about Mas' decisions....he's looking for the bank firstly, as this success is happening in the last 15-20% of his career.

A UFC title shot with a general unknown wont generate the bank needed to feed his family the rest of his life. It could if he wins, but thats a big if. Usman is a monster whether you like him or not.

He should have pushed the Conor return fight, which would have set him well for life. After wrecking Conrad the title shot would have been there even more...

Edwards took his opportunity to fire back at Woodley calling him the biggest “clout chaser” in MMA who is using his name to create drama on social media.

“He’s the biggest clout chaser there is,” Edwards said.

This is not going to sit very well with Tyron. Leon may end up being the subject of T-Wood's next rap track.

Poor Leon... No one wants to fight him except a guy who already beat him

...and the UFC is hesitant to book that fight because the champ and his manager are looking for some nice paydays...

...something Leon can not offer to anyone
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I really hope by the time it's all said and done Scott gets his fight with Masvidal and starches him, that suckerpunch for me is up there with Conor punching the old man

Leon has turned into the coolest top WW by virtue of default if nothing else. WAR EDWARDS!

I disagree. Dude stalled his own career after defeating his first and only top 10 opponent. He told Helwani he wasn't going to fight unless they put him in there with Masvidal and the UFC went with Diaz instead... that's something I saw coming from a mile away, not sure who gave him that advice.

I've been eager to see him wipe out the top ranks of WW since he defeated Luque, since then all we have is one decision, albeit a very dominant performance vs a former LW champ that can't cut down to 155 anymore... still waiting for some action from this guy

Weird was the exact same word I used regarding Masvidal’s avoidance of a title fight. Weirdest shit ever, in fact.

ya, that makes no sense to me at all....he'd rather fight a guy he absolutely destroyed already.

Back