Which divisions have gotten better and which ones worse?

medium rare

Shameless PRIDE fanboy
Banned
Reaction score
Imo every weight class from 155 and below has gotten better, but 170+ has gotten worse

Welterweight - Usman and Colby would've been gatekeepers in GSP's era. They don't even beat prime Hendricks or Koscheck
LHW - Jones is a roidless version of himself and still winning (albeit by robbery). Shogun, Arona, Wand >>>> Reyes, Jan, Santos
HW - Nothing to be said. Comparing Fedor, Cro Cop, Nog to Stipe, DC, Francis is just a joke. The PRIDE guys are far more advanced in athleticism and skill

WW? I completely disagree. those two you used for an example are more talented than every ww in the gsp (excluding gsp).
LHW? is picking up. it was really bad from 2017-2019. but I feel it's making a bit of a comeback
HW? you couldn't be more wrong. this crop of top 5 HW;s are the most talented top 5 ever in any organization.

WW? I completely disagree. those two you used for an example are more talented than every ww in the gsp (excluding gsp).
LHW? is picking up. it was really bad from 2017-2019. but I feel it's making a bit of a comeback
HW? you couldn't be more wrong. this crop of top 5 HW;s are the most talented top 5 ever in any organization.
Lol what

You think one dimensional brawlers like Derrick Lewis and Francis Ngannou would even be top 10 in PRIDE's HW division?

Do you really think Usman, Colby, and Woodley have anything for GSP, Hendricks, and Kos?
Woodley already KOd Kos stiff.

Any combination of Usman, Colby, Woodley, GSP, and Hendricks would be great fights (as we’ve already seen with Usman/Colby and GSP/Hendricks).

The 5 best and most skilled WWs we have ever seen.

Woodley already KOd Kos stiff.

Any combination of Usman, Colby, Woodley, GSP, and Hendricks would be great fights. The 5 best WWs we have ever seen.
I think a prime Matt Hughes would make easy work of Colby and Usman

Too big, too strong, too good of a grappler

I think that some divisions have gotten stale, or appear that way, because it’s the same few dudes fighting for the belt - like Romero at MW.

Do you really think Usman, Colby, and Woodley have anything for GSP, Hendricks, and Kos?

I honestly think the sport and athleticism has really gotten way better. Older fighters would be way out of their element now.

I think a prime Matt Hughes would make easy work of Colby and Usman

Too big, too strong, too good of a grappler
Prime Matt Hughes could be a LW in today’s era and is too one dimensional with almost no striking skills.

Usman, Colby, Woodley, and prime Hendricks would maul him. They’re bigger with better wrestling and much better striking.

I honestly think the sport and athleticism has really gotten way better. Older fighters would be way out of their element now.
Prime Fedor would be champ in today's HW division, as would Mirko.
derrick lewis, maybe. Ngannou absolutely and no question about it.
Ngannou and his windmilling wouldn't even get past a guy like Prime Heath Herring lmao

LW A lot better
MW A bit better
LHW worse
HW a lot worse

WW has lost the entertaintment value imo. Aside from Jorge nobody is exciting on the top 5 anymore. Luque and Nico are great but not elite and unfortunatley Usman is very effective yet very bland.
HW has always been top heavy. I dont think its even that anymore. BW suprisingly has come to its own as a división and is full of little killers. Women Bantam has declined but SW has transformed into wmmas marquee division.

Lol what

You think one dimensional brawlers like Derrick Lewis and Francis Ngannou would even be top 10 in PRIDE's HW division?
you've never fought in your life, Francis is the scariest fighter I've ever seen.

“brawler”
images

images

Alistair is ridiculous,K1 Champion losing to a brawler.
images

images

why a Wrestler like Curtis,didn’t eat that brawler alive.
1*VdYa2iGWT81LROSajS_W6Q.gif

Francis must be the best brawler in history, he beats the bests HW in the world easily.

Unpopular opinion but LW is over-rated as fuck

Back