Jones’ legacy if he opts out of the UFC?

poor form

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jones has now issued a sort of ultimatum to Dana. Jones has apparently asked for his release. So what happens now?

If Jones were to be released (unlikely imo). And he were to end up in Bellator et al. What do you think about that? Would it affect his legacy? Peds aside.

To jump to the minors when the biggest challenges seem to have already hit him, and are here right now?

Well he can fight Bader again right that would be fun

Will go down as the 2nd greatest LHW ever

He priced himself out of a fight he said he wanted and got called out for it. He has to do something or he looks like a bitch.

It's really hard to put the cheating scandals aside when assessing his legacy, but if he left the UFC now it would suggest to many that he was afraid of rematching the fighters who, in the eyes of many, beat him in consecutive fights and/or of imminent challenges. It's not like he can't make ends meet on a UFC income.

Just asking for opinions. I didn’t offer one in any direction. But nobody is really answering the question.

He’s the obvious GOAT of LHW and will go down as such even if he loses the next four fights in dramatic fashion.
Anyone that thinks otherwise has been sippin too much:
upload_2020-5-29_20-57-37.jpeg

It's really hard to put the cheating scandals aside when assessing his legacy, but if he left the UFC now it would suggest to many that he was afraid of rematching the fighters who, in the eyes of many, beat him in consecutive fights and/or of imminent challenges. It's not like he can't make ends meet on a UFC income.
I dont think thats it. As much as i despise Jones.

I think he isnt motivated to beat unhearalded fighters at LHW,and UFC isnt keen to really put him at HW unless he fully commits to that div which Dana is pretty sure he wont do.
If thats the case,he is sort of stuck.
If he left and went to Bellator,lets say for a 3 fight contract.they would pay him alot of bucks to beat their top guys with no USADA. We all know hed beat Bader on his worst day,but they could dress it up to make it a big deal to watch probably. I dunno.

Last edited:
There are far worse legacy-damaging reasons than leaving the UFC because Dana won’t fork over the dough to fight Ngannou.

I wouldn’t exactly call him the Bisping of the HW division.

Last edited:
It would look better than losing to reyes.

I think Jones knows he’s almost done and this drama was calculated to get out of his contract. He knows bellator isn’t going to pay him 5 million a fight but he can go to the b-league because of “contractual disputes “ and smash cans while preserving his “undefeated” record.

He's done all he can in the UFC. He's pretty much beaten every top LHW of the passed 10 years. So going to Bellator would increase his legacy as a multiple organization champ.

It'd be amusing tbh. If he does leave the UFC and gets to roid with impunity in other orgs it'd be a unique way to end his legacy. He doesn't officially retire, nor will he (most likely) take losses at the tail end of his career. If anything it would probably increase his legacy, even though you could argue it's easier for him to do that then defending his title in the UFC, cause of being a multi org champ.

I dont think thats it. As much as i depsie Jones.

I think he isnt motivated to beat unhearalded fighters at LHW,

That might explain why the unheralded fighters are beating him at LHW.

Back