*How good are Gilbert Burns cardio and chin? Is te overrated?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Cause he's gonna need cardio to fight Woodley on a 5 rounder.

Not good enough to eat a T-Bomb

Tyron-Woodley-UFC-209-Media-Day-Scrum-2-748x370.jpg

Well, we know Woodley can run for five rounds...

I don't think it'll go past 3 so his gas tank isn't a factor. His chin, maybe.

It depends

Will Henry Hooft be in his corner in the third round screaming "DON'T GIVE UP! DON'T GIVE UP" and 2 minutes later he gives up?

Pretty much
IllegalBreakableDeinonychus-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_pce9sdfHlb1xxavtvo3_500.gif
Damn I need to re-watch that. Is Burns really that slow or was he already fucked before he got hit with the cross in the first gif?
If he is that slow TWood gonna turn his lights out. TWood got that power counter all day

Woodley just stands around anyway, cardio won’t matter

Damn I need to re-watch that. Is Burns really that slow or was he already fucked before he got hit with the cross in the first gif?
If he is that slow TWood gonna turn his lights out. TWood got that power counter all day

Well, he was depleting himself pretty badly to make 155...WW makes soooo much more sense for him.

He was really that slow - as others have theorized the weight cut might’ve affected that but I don’t think so (it was like a minute into the first). He’s looked the same speed at WW, just with better output and more confidence in his game (probably isn’t worried about gassing).

I think Woodley is going to surprise a lot of people - the way to beat him is to control the range with a jab or being able to bully him in the clinch.

Burns doesn’t jab well and isn’t much of a clinch fighter - seems like he is getting a counter right early. If he survives maybe he can gas Woodley and break his confidence. But I see him getting flatlined, the style matchup with body type (giving up reach, likes to pressure against a counter fighter with better wrestling) is not in his favor. Unless Woodleys head is done he really should win this.

He was really that slow - as others have theorized the weight cut might’ve affected that but I don’t think so (it was like a minute into the first). He’s looked the same speed at WW, just with better output and more confidence in his game (probably isn’t worried about gassing).

I think Woodley is going to surprise a lot of people - the way to beat him is to control the range with a jab or being able to bully him in the clinch.

Burns doesn’t jab well and isn’t much of a clinch fighter - seems like he is getting a counter right early. If he survives maybe he can gas Woodley and break his confidence. But I see him getting flatlined, the style matchup with body type (giving up reach, likes to pressure against a counter fighter with better wrestling) is not in his favor. Unless Woodleys head is done he really should win this.

woodley should win but if woodley gassed himself out its very possible for burns to pick up a win by submission. but 99% chance that woodley is winning.

Back