Does anyone watch Sean O'malley podcast?

hunt12

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I have been seeing a lot of hate for him wanting more money. Personally I feel it is very smart. It's funny the same people who say mma fighters get paid little are the same people who discourage fighters that try an get what they are worth.

I watch his YouTube podcast an he says a lot of weird shit but is authentic. One of the only active fighters who have a podcast but has a loyal 81 k follower fan base.

He also has 720k instagram followers were for example cejudo has 620 k yan has 300 k ajamain has 140 k

Last edited:
Hes young and doesn't know his head from his arse, but he's seems like a good kid and has a fun personality. He's also a pretty darn good fighter. Yeah I like him!

Last edited:
Dana isn't going to give him more money because he has 81k followers on a youtube channel
He also has 720k instagram followers were for example cejudo has 620 k yan has 300 k ajamain has 140 k. Interesting too see how this would factor in to a deal

I think he has a good chance at being a star but he needs to calm down and earn it

Just keep winning and you'll get there, no need to start crying and making demands when your last fight was on the prelims
Agreed. I don't even like him tbh, but ufc is desperate and they'll put up with the bs. Unfortunately dana will reward the entitlement the same way he did with conor, whilst guys like Leon edwards are left out in the cold. It's fucked up.

I watched one of his fight predictions and... Let's say i expected better

I have been seeing a lot of hate for him wanting more money. Personally I feel it is very smart. It's funny the same people who say mma fighters get paid little are the same people who discourage fighters that try an get what they are worth.

I watch his YouTube podcast an he says a lot of weird shit but is authentic. One of the only active fighters who have a podcast but has a loyal 81 k follower fan base.

He also has 720k instagram followers were for example cejudo has 620 k yan has 300 k ajamain has 140 k

Of course it is smart to ask for more money, but that doesn't mean you will get it. I don't watch his podcast. I bet followers and numbers are based upon how active they are on their instagrams/youtube/twitter accounts.

O'Malley isn't proven on the big stage yet. He is young, has good striking, decent power it would appear, flashy and fun to watch. He has only fought once in 2 years, 3 times in as many years in the UFC and failed drug tests. I think he needs to prove he can stay clean and get some good wins. If he truly stands by the "I won't fight better guys unless I get paid more" type mentality, he will never get bigger fights.

I think he has a good chance at being a star but he needs to calm down and earn it

Just keep winning and you'll get there, no need to start crying and making demands when your last fight was on the prelims
But he's not crying or making demands. He's happy to fight these un-ranked guys for what he's getting paid. He knows he himself isn't ranked and is fine working his way up and earning it.

He simply said when he's offered higher ranked opponents, he'll want a little pay increase to go along with it. Its like getting a promotion at your job. You'd expect a pay raise to go along with that. This is a business after all

DmbxJ3L.gif

No time-stamped link to O'Malley dropping these truths you speak of?

No. Some of us have real jobs and hobbies.

He only appeals to gamers and potheads with too much free time on their hands.

<Neil01>
What is a "real" hobby and a "fake" one? Honestly interested in knowing!

Back