Andy's fan and his double standard

JoshR86

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Imagine if GSP came back after a hiatus.

And challenged Frankie Edgar at a catch weight of 161.

You would be tearing him to shreds.

The only difference here is the $$$ behind Conor's name.

And if that is a legitimate reason for you, then how do you justify your criticisms of picking Bisping (which most of you thought he'd lose) when Bisping/MW belt was his best financial option??

I always feel like GSP haters are secretly his biggest fans in denial, because he let you guys down and All your hopes and dreams

Reasons why you hate GSP

1.Walked away from the sport in his prime(ish)
2.Never went up to fight Anderson Silva
3.Never fought Robert Whitaker
4.Didnt finish enough fights for you
5.Didn't reclaim the WW Title

It's like you had these expectations from him that he could never live up to, and then he left you, and now your a bitter ex girl friend trying to tell other fans what a bad boyfriend, I mean fighter he was.

Last edited:
This would be a non title fight so your example with Bisping is moot. It doesn't do anything for either fighter besides the money aspect.

If they wanna do it let them do it, what's your problem?

I don't have a problem, Anderson has a long history of trying to get easy fights, just pointing out how he's challenging a natural FW to fight at a catch weight.

Yet takes less heat than GSP moving up a weight class to fight for the title.

Not sure how you can't see a double standard here

1. The mere fact that Anderson is still competing after such a severe injury is commendable

2. Anderson no longer has anything left to prove, he fights for the love of the sport. GSP fought for a paycheck and always QUIT when things got tough. Where is he now?

3. GSP made a career of fighting bloated LW’s: Sherk, Serra, BJ x2... his whole career is a sham.

GSP fans are obsessed with Anderson because they really wish their hero GSP had even half the heart.

<BC1>

Anderson is 45 years old, and just fought the current champion to a decision, and fought Former HW and top 5 MW KO artist Cannonier after

let’s see what gsp looks like fighting at 45. Oh wait, he ran from the sport at age 32 after Hendricks beat him up. Only to cherry-pick a shot fighter with one foot out of the door, and then run again when a real challenge (Whittaker) was next.

Calling out someone who's as significantly smaller than yourself as Conor is to Silva is always weak. No way around that.

On the other hand, Silva is on the decline, obviously, and Conor is still in his prime - or at least should be. And there's no doubt you're gonna watch the fight, and there's no doubt that casuals would too.

I would much prefer to see Conor vs Gaethje, Tony or even a rematch vs Khabib. Or vs Usmann or Masvidal for that sake, as those fights would be meaningful in the context of actual divisions and belts.

But I would definitely rather see Conor vs Silva than Conor vs Nate yet again.

Andy fans/Gsp haters and Gsp fans/Andy haters should all just meet in Minneapolis and fight to the death. Winner's opinion takes sherdog.

And if that is a legitimate reason for you, then how do you justify your criticisms of picking Bisping (which most of you thought he'd lose) when Bisping/MW belt was his best financial option??

I always feel like GSP haters are secretly his biggest fans in denial, because he let you guys down and All your hopes and dreams

Reasons why you hate GSP

It's like you had these expectations from him that he could never live up to, and then he left you, and now your a bitter ex girl friend trying to tell other fans what a bad boyfriend, I mean fighter he was.
They also pretend he isn't a proven PED cheat.

Reasons why you hate GSP

He could have lived up to everyting in your list but was either too scared to or not good enough to. I can understand not wanting to face a dominant bigger champ but running away from Hendricks and lying about defending he MW belt was just weak.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the spider knee Conors nose to the side of his face so ya I’m down.

Anderson didn’t run from the sport after a tough fight vs 17:1 testosterone Sonnen while he had injured ribs. Instead, Silva kept destroying fighters, gladly granted Sonnen his rematch, and destroyed him within 2 rounds.

44 year old Silva did better prime Adesanya (lost 29-28) than prime Whittaker (KOd in 2).

GSP ran from the sport after getting battered by Hendricks at age 32.

This isn't a double standard at all.

GSP was in no rush to move up and fight for the middle weight belt his entire career. Then one day Micheal Bisping wins the belt and a few weeks later George was enthusiastically calling Bisping out and ready to fight! Maybe it was a coincidence and maybe not. But I still find it hard to believe he was going to fight Luke Rockhold or any other dangerous MW. Saying you want to fight Rockhold and actually doing it are two different things.Just like saying you are obligated to defend the title and actually defending the title against Whittaker.

I remember when GSP vacated the belt super fast and said he may never fight again because of his diease. 6 months later GSP went on record and said he had a plan to fight the winner of Khahbib/Conor. Then in Dec of 2018 went on record and stated he had fully recovered from the diease! Wow what a miracle.

Fun fact: Anderson Silva might be the oldest current active fighter in the UFC right now . Randy Couture fought until 47 (?). So Anderson Silva isn't the champion anymore and he's really old. When you are this old, aren't the champion anymore and aren't holding up the division, who really cares if he calls out Conor Mcgregor lmao.

Also it was Conor who first said he would like to fight Anderson Silva and I am almost 99% sure Conor and Anderson Silva are just trolling.

And honestly for the most part I don't really blame GSP for taking the fight with Bisping. I rather think Bisping is to blame and moreso the UFC for allowing it to happen.

Last edited:
They hold Georges to a higher a standard. Because he's better. They expect GOAT-ness at all times.

Silva is a old, beaten dog, and his fans are now treating him as so. They expect nothing and will take anything.

1. The mere fact that Anderson is still competing after such a severe injury is commendable

2. Anderson no longer has anything left to prove, he fights for the love of the sport. GSP fought for a paycheck and always QUIT when things got tough. Where is he now?

3. GSP made a career of fighting bloated LW’s: Sherk, Serra, BJ x2... his whole career is a sham.

GSP fans are obsessed with Anderson because they really wish their hero GSP had even half the heart.

<BC1>
The hypocrisy of your post is hilarious.

He could have lived up to everyting in your list but was either too scared to or not good enough to. I can understand not wanting to face a dominant bigger champ but running away from Hendricks and lying about defending he MW belt was just weak.

LMAO man you guys are pathetic

1. Prove he didn't plan his walk way speech before his fight with Hendricks, meaning his fight with Hendricks has 0 impact on his decision to walk away.

2. Prove his colitis was a lie.

Anderson didn’t run from the sport after a tough fight vs 17:1 testosterone Sonnen while he had injured ribs. Instead, Silva kept destroying fighters, gladly granted Sonnen his rematch, and destroyed him within 2 rounds.

44 year old Silva did better prime Adesanya (lost 29-28) than prime Whittaker (KOd in 2).

GSP ran from the sport after getting battered by Hendricks at age 32.
This guy everytime GSP is mentioned on Sherdog:

upload_2020-5-29_10-17-19.jpeg

Anderson himself, his fans and double standards go hand in hand

GSP lovers like yourself can’t handle my cold hard facts.
This guy when GSP beat Bisping for the MW title:
tenor.gif

Back