Media The evolution of Mackenzie Dern’s accent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be honest here i really don't that much difference in the accent only in the vocabullary

People who find it strange that others may develop an accent (or improve and get rid of one over time) most likely havnt traveled much and don't interact with too many polyglots.

Also everyone is different when it comes to that sort of stuff, nothing should surprise you.

Now if MacKenzie is forcing an accent for some reason, then only she will know.

People who find it strange that others may develop an accent (or improve and get rid of one over time) most likely havnt traveled much and don't interact with too many polyglots.

Also everyone is different when it comes to that sort of stuff, nothing should surprise you.

Now if MacKenzie is forcing an accent for some reason, then only she will know.
Apparently she had a translator at her last presser.

Some peoples accents change when they are around their people.

I seen guys who speak unaccented english turn to island boys whenever they are around their people

I have no idea why she uses or needs a translator,but the accent thing is totally explainable. Some people do that and some dont. Its not a choice,some are more suceptible than others.

Americans look so fucking stupid when they bring this up as if it's such a bizarre/weird thing.

For people who speak two or more languages it's very common to pick up an accent when you spend time talking to a certain group of people who speak the same language.

As someone who speaks Spanish fluently as my second language I can say that when I've been talking to my Colombian friends for a while I slowly start to subconsciously talk like them not only accent wise but slang wise as well, vice versa when I talk with Mexicans.

Americans look so fucking stupid when they bring this up as if it's such a bizarre/weird thing.

For people who speak two or more languages it's very common to pick up an accent when you spend time talking to a certain group of people who speak the same language.

As someone who speaks Spanish fluently as my second language I can say that when I've been talking to my Colombian friends for a while I slowly start to subconsciously talk like them not only accent wise but slang wise as well, vice versa when I talk with Mexicans.
I’m from Scotland but I’m not particularly well travelled, so fair dos.

She’s clearly faking it so that she can appeal to the Brazilians. Maybe you could give her the benefit of the doubt with the accent part, but she’s pretending that she’s forgotten how to speak English and she uses an interpreter in interviews despite growing up in America. This leads me to conclude that everything is put on and is fake. She’s probably attention seeking.

Also, the UFC matching her up with Cifers is a joke. Cifers is tiny.

English is my second language, when I started learning I was always self conscious about my accent, so I would practice every day reading labels in the shower etc, and over time I developed really good fucking English, like nobody can tell its my second language now.

When I talk with people who have bad English, I will use broken English too, because it feels easier to me, even though I CAN pronounce things pretty much perfect, but if I try to talk after working out, people can't understand half of what I say. Accents can vary greatly, if I ever get angry pr tired, I get a really thick accent probably because I don't care about using that 5% extra energy to make my English sound perfect. It's really not strange at all to sound completely different on any given day. Sometimes I just don't care, and my English will sound twice as bad.

Also people underestimate how easy it is to pick up accents/slangs/etc just from hearing people around you talk, you probably do it a lot yourself and never realise. For most people who speak multiple languages that video is probably not strange at all

I think she sounds deaf or have had a mild stroke
Hence the odd mouth shapes

she and vicente luque look like twins
except vicente dont do that fake shit.

also her vs hannah is criminal. a 125'r vs what ever is bellow atom weight

Lets see an evolution of the booty now.

Lets see an evolution of the booty now.

Mackenzie+Dern+UFC+222+Cyborg+vs+Kunitskaya+osQlHEgK10Il.jpg

<6>

I really don´t see why this get´s brought up all the time here like this would be something special,outragious and fake. Is this a US thing?
Because here in Germany it´s well known that this can happen.

If you have ever heard Arnold Schwarzenegger try to speak Austrian-German in interviews even just some years after he moved to the US he had a really heavy american accent way more than this little accent Dern has.
Likewise my grandaunt who moved to the US when she was in her 20s also got an american accent after some years.

Pretty funny how much this bothers people. She speaks Portuguese more than English. It's only natural over time it becomes her primary language.

I used to go out with a Serbian girl and she spoke Serbian every day with her parents yet she told me her vocabulary and grammar were gone to shit and always had to readjust on visits home.

But I suppose it's one of sherdogs favourite little things to whine about.

Pretty ironic people whining about how dumb it is and they are just so blind to a simple reality of speaking more than one language.

Some peoples accents change when they are around their people.

I seen guys who speak unaccented english turn to island boys whenever they are around their people

I have no idea why she uses or needs a translator,but the accent thing is totally explainable. Some people do that and some dont. Its not a choice,some are more suceptible than others.

Exactly.

If I am talking to some of my family from the southern US, I sound like a raging hillbilly. My wife laughs at me because it's drastically different than my normal accent.

Reactions: HHJ
People are still talking about her accent?

Ooooooooold news.

Let's talk about something more interesting

mackenzie-dern-hot-photos5-1.png

sVJqDBp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back