Why is the UFC pushing Darren Till so hard?

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Has a few good wins against unranked competition, beats old man Cerrone, thought he lost to Wonderboy, gets smoked by Woodley, gets smoked by Jorge. When he could no longer cut down to 170, he moves up and beats Kelvin.

Seems like every chance they get, they try to push Darren Till on us. He is a good fighter dont get me wrong, but its like they want us to like him so bad. He is just okay and personally I think he is over rated.

and he stole a taxi....

Has a few good wins against unranked competition, beats old man Cerrone, thought he lost to Wonderboy, gets smoked by Woodley, gets smoked by Jorge. When he could no longer cut down to 170, he moves up and beats Kelvin.

Seems like every chance they get, they try to push Darren Till on us. He is a good fighter dont get me wrong, but its like they want us to like him so bad. He is just okay and personally I think he is over rated.

and he stole a taxi....
They’re looking for another big uk Star now that bisping retired and he’s more marketable than Edwards

That is one hype train I never understood. I really couldnt believe people thought hed beat woodley.

Then again he suprised me when he beat Kelvin. Wasnt exactly a barn burner though.

They dunnh feckkkinh care

Darren-Till-2.jpg

lol that WB fight was definitely a home cooking decision.

WB should have known better, when you fight in England vs a local star you absolutely have to go for the kill. Those judges over there are freaking brutal.

and he stole a taxi....

Because he is popular with fans. UFC pushes any fighter that is able to generate a significant fanbase.

A charismatic Brit with a funny accent and good hair. It's a tried and tested formula.

But seriously he's a decent prospect. Got rushed to the top and payed for his recklessness and overconfidence. Then bounced back nicely at MW. Nobody thought he would beat Kelvin. Wasn't a great fight but he showed patience and good fight IQ which he had lacked before. His next fight should answer a lot questions.

I haven’t really noticed them “pushing” him much lately. Are you saying this because they booked him and Whittaker? Although not the most exciting fight, he did beat Kelvin fair and square.

Yeah, as everyone said, they want a UK star. He's also undeniably really talented and young.

He beat the shit out of Cowboy at 24 y/o, he's still only 27. Gastelum is an impressive win too. Plus he's charismatic, fluent in portuguese and a funny dude. His "Anyone and everyone, all you coonts can get it" post fight interview was hilarious. If you wanted to hype a European, he's a pretty obvious choice.

Marketable, unpredictable, pretty attractive fight style, interesting upbringing being a Liverpudlian sent off to learn martial arts in Brazil dude speaks Portuguese and has a pretty decent following in Brazil too. He's got loads of holes but losing to Woodley and Masvidal aint nothing to be ashamed of.

Back