Why Gaethge should fight Conor then Khabib

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Justin wants the Conor payday fight obviously, and with an interim belt on the line Conor is probably willing to fight him finally.

But if Justin fights Khabib next, he'll no longer hold any belt so Conor will lose incentive & duck him just like he did when he choose to fight Cerrone instead.

At least Garthje has 50% chance of beating Conor, so if he wins he gets two high-paying fights - Conor and Khabib both.

But if he fights Khabib next, he basically only has a 1% chance of winning so it will be his only one high-paying fight. Conor won't fight Justin after he loses to Khabib

Your mistake is believing Justin puts $$$$$ above title of Numero Uno!

Justin is a humble dude from what I hear.
Everyone likes the money but money is not the most important.

Gaethje has something called confidence. He does not think he will lose to Khabib.

Justin would rather fight Khabib for free than being paid $5mill to fight Conor.....

.....according to delusional people living in an alternative universe.

Gaethje and Conor should both have to fight Islam Makchaev before getting a shot at Khabib

right TS?

Gaethje deserves an immediate TS but he has a 50% chance of maximizing his earnings if he choses to fight Conor first.

Conor needs wins before Khabib will give him a TS. If Conor felt he could beat Islam he'd take that fight in a heartbeat because everyone knows Khabib would give Conor a TS to smash him if his teammate happened to lose - BUT Conor only has like a 10% chance of beating Islam so he doesnt want to try that route

Gaethje has said he wants to fight Conor, that is true, but he also said that Conor is not necessary for his plans. Khabib and the Dustin rematch are his actual goals; He simply sees Conor as an enticing bonus option that can be thrown in there. Conor is not someone that Justin would risk losing his shot at khabib over.

He made this clear on rogan's podcast.

Gaethje has said he wants to fight Conor, that is true, but he also said that Conor is not necessary for his plans. Khabib and Dustin rematch are his actual goals; He simply sees Conor as a bonus option that can be thrown in there. Conor is not someone that Justin would risk losing his shot at khabib over.

He may be exaggerating to not sound desperate like Kamaru did, or he may be really about that undisputed TS over money. I guess there's no 3rd option.

Khabib fans are getting scared

I'm not sure if we'll see Khabib fight again at this rate tho

He should fight Khabib. Conor can fight Ferg.

Conor has 9 more wins to go.

Get working.

10 "at least" so it could even be 11, 12 etc.

The Cowboy win didnt count because it was at WW.

But if Conor somehow beat Islam I'm sure Khabib would exempt him of the 10-fight minimum

He may be exaggerating to not sound desperate like Kamaru did, or he may be really about that undisputed TS over money. I guess there's no 3rd option.

Well, he's said it many times now. If he wanted the fight, though, I imagine he'd have it since Conor all but begged him. Gaethje's a sportsman: he's after the belt and the title of being the best. Conor is not his main goal--khabib is. Why risk a shot at his main goal just to fight conor?

His priorities are to be the best, then make money, not vice versa.

Justin has a small chance at beating Conor. Justin got his chin cracked by two of Conors left overs, Dustin and Alvarez.

If Justin goes ahead and fights Khabib he can fight Conor at a later time because Khabib beats them both anyway.

Khabib fans are getting scared

I'm not sure if we'll see Khabib fight again at this rate tho

Right, scared of the 1% chance of a freak accident that allows Justin to win.

Justin's a tough mofo though I'd seriously give him about 30% chance of winning one round against Khabib before losing the fight, and 70% chance it's just a repeat of Dustin vs Khabib.

Back