Media Jon Jones replies to Dana White's comments about him asking for an 'absurd amount of money' for HW

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
“It’s one thing if you come out and say, ‘Yeah, listen, I want a little more money,'” White said. “The amount of money Jon Jones wanted doesn’t make (sense). First of all, you have, in the light heavyweight division, the Dominick Reyes fight as the fight that makes sense. So is Jon Jones going to go and fight Francis Ngannou, then try to take a run at the heavyweight title? I don’t believe that. He’s never wanted to move to heavyweight before.

“For the amount of money he’s asking for, it’s not going to happen. You couldn’t be asking for a more absurd amount of money at a worse time.”

Jones, 32, most recently competed at UFC 247 in February, where he won a close split decision over Dominick Reyes. White reiterated a Reyes rematch or a fight against Polish contender Jan Blachowicz would make more sense for the UFC light heavyweight champion Jones.

“We’ve got guys lined up at light heavyweight, whether it’s Jan Blachowicz or Dominick Reyes,” White said.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...urd-amount-of-money-for-francis-ngannou-fight

Jon Jones replies:

Last edited:
I knew Jones would be asking for money he knows Dana wouldnt give him. Jones doesnt want to really face Ngannou, he just wants his name talked about as if he is wanting to face the tough matchups and making his gullible fans believe it. I was having none of it, I knew it from the get go.

I am to smart for Jonesie boy....

Call his bluff and give it to him, just don’t guarantee it unless he shows up to fight.

What’s he asking for Dana, 60k? Lol.

The UFC’s cheapness has prevented us from seeing some really fun fights. This one isn’t particularly interesting but if I were Dana, I’d push back to try to get it done anyways.

Jon is selling wolf tickets

Give him half to show and half to win. He won't collect on either

“It’s one thing if you come out and say, ‘Yeah, listen, I want a little more money,'” White said. “The amount of money Jon Jones wanted doesn’t make (sense). First of all, you have, in the light heavyweight division, the Dominick Reyes fight as the fight that makes sense. So is Jon Jones going to go and fight Francis Ngannou, then try to take a run at the heavyweight title? I don’t believe that. He’s never wanted to move to heavyweight before.

“For the amount of money he’s asking for, it’s not going to happen. You couldn’t be asking for a more absurd amount of money at a worse time.”

Jones, 32, most recently competed at UFC 247 in February, where he won a close split decision over Dominick Reyes. White reiterated a Reyes rematch or a fight against Polish contender Jan Blachowicz would make more sense for the UFC light heavyweight champion Jones.

“We’ve got guys lined up at light heavyweight, whether it’s Jan Blachowicz or Dominick Reyes,” White said.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...urd-amount-of-money-for-francis-ngannou-fight

We kinda knew it was outrageous as seems the case with most recent "Ducking" calls...

I trash Dana a lot for being a miser, but I kinda believe him on this. If Jon asked for 1m or 2m, I think they should give it to him. I hope one of them goes public with the number, if they aren't bullshitting. Kinda hard to know without having the info, but I wouldn't put it past Jones to price himself out.

I knew Jones would be asking for money he knows Dana wouldnt give him. Jones doesnt want to really face Ngannou, he just wants his name talked about as if he is wanting to face the tough matchups and making his gullible fans believe it. I was having none of it, I knew it from the get go.

I am to smart for Jonesie boy....

Not too* smart.

Jones will do everything in his power to dodge the Reyes rematch

Tell us the number, he probably wants Conor money, his poor negotiations may have ruined the fight

Back