Why is Dana trying to hold Conors career hostage?

PurpleDrank

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Conor wants to be active but Dana wants him to wait to fight the winner of a fight that takes place in September. Conor should fight a top lw this summer. Oliviera would make sense

Conor wants to be active but Dana wants him to wait to fight the winner of a fight that takes place in September. Conor should fight a top lw this summer. Oliviera would make sense
Probably just trying to extract maximum value out of him...
Outside of Conor, a lot of mainstream fans pay little to no attention to MMA. Hell, a lot of guys at my gym don't even watch it unless Conor's fighting.

I'm sure Conor is in agreement w Dana.

He wanted to be active the same way dana wants to be profitable, but the Pandemic has forced them to adjust their plans.

I doubt Conor is insisting on a bout, and I doubt Dana is forbidding Conor from fighting.

On one hand, ANY fight with Conor makes the UFC a lot of money...so one assumes they would be trying to book fights with him as often as possible. On the other hand, how long will Conor be a draw? i.e. How many losses can he absorb before people stop wanting to watch him fight? Maybe the UFC figures that is a bigger worry and they want to carefully select his remaining fights to maximize profit (and maximize Conor's popularity/marketability).

Jarl

On one hand, ANY fight with Conor makes the UFC a lot of money...so one assumes they would be trying to book fights with him as often as possible. On the other hand, how long will Conor be a draw? i.e. How many losses can he absorb before people stop wanting to watch him fight? Maybe the UFC figures that is a bigger worry and they want to carefully select his remaining fights to maximize profit (and maximize Conor's popularity/marketability).

Jarl
This is the balancing act for sure...

Lol at believing that. Conor can absolutely fight if he wants. But he’s literally trying to handpick favorable matchups which is why he’s avoiding Usman and Masvidal who are very difficult fights for him.

Dana's trying to reel Conor back in. Baldy loves nothing more than bossing fighters around.

Conor doesn’t fight contenders because he loses to each of em, that’s why. Bald goof gon’ goof.

who would conor lose too?? he would ko pourier within 2 rounds, just like he did the first time...he'd murder tony in under 3 minutes....I'd pick him over gaetchje as well....justin gets hit far too often to be able to take conor's punch...not to mention, justin was ko'd stiff by 2 guys conor destroyed. so who is going to beat conor? nobody....aside from khabib. but I think if they fought again, the fight would be far more competitive.

Lmao, Conor fighting a contender to get a title shot? Are you fucking high? Dana isn't holding Conor's career hostage, he is keeping the hype train from completely derailing ... as he's done since the beginning.
two weight champ a hype train? your post is very credible.

Lmao, Conor fighting a contender to get a title shot? Are you fucking high? Dana isn't holding Conor's career hostage, he is keeping the hype train from completely derailing ... as he's done since the beginning.

bhahahahahahhahaahha, hype train....calling a 2x, multiple weight champion, a hype job is pure retardation...conor has whooped lets see, holloway, pourier, mendes, aldo, alverez, cerrone.....that is not a hype job, that puts conor on the goat list...easily....he has ko's in 3 different weight classes....the first mma fighter in history, to do so. that's a legend, not a hype job.

He’s trying to PROTECT Conor from guys like Masvidal, Usman, any legitimate LW, etc.

It’s nothing new, Dana is perfectly aware of Connies limitations as a fighter

<31>

I don't see any LW beating conor....aside from khabib....he'd murder tony, justin and pourier....who else is there....both tony and justin get hit far too often to be able to stand with conor....and justin, he was ko'd stiff, by eddie and dustin...2 guys that don't hit nearly as powerful as conor....nor as fast or as explosive.

bhahahahahahhahaahha, hype train....calling a 2x, multiple weight champion, a hype job is pure retardation...conor has whooped lets see, holloway, pourier, mendes, aldo, alverez, cerrone.....that is not a hype job, that puts conor on the goat list...easily....he has ko's in 3 different weight classes....the first mma fighter in history, to do so. that's a legend, not a hype job.
He's not the first. Cannonier and Rumble are just 2 guys that did that before him. There might be even more others

You can say Conrat beats all those LW's except Khabib but I bet you said Conrat beats Khabib before the fight was made.

We can all say stuff but he has to go out and beat them so that we know for a 100% and speculations.

We still don't know how good Conrat is :D

Khabib Bless

618809-29f18f5a26ab8949f4357f14fcf4a2cd.png

Back