What makes you think Usman beats Conor?

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
And let's not state the obvious. He's going to wrassle him and submit him. But in reality, if this fight were to stand for a couple of rounds a least, there's a very good chance that Conor catches sloppy Usman on the feet. Let's not forgot that Colby was winning their stand up fight, or at least even on the cards, until the 5th round. Usman looked mediocre at best on the feet against a subpar striker in Colby. True that he might play it safe and take Conor down from the opening minute but I haven't seen anyone do that yet and all his fights have stayed on the feet for a high percentage of the time. Usman is slow and stiff on the feet too. I'm not going as far as saying that Conor would win that fight, but I am saying that he's got more of a chance to TKO/KO Usman than people think. Discuss.

Well, The fight will most likely not be a standup fight after a minute or two and definitely not a couple of rounds.

So, let me get this straight.
If Kamaru Usman didn't use the skills that he has been training for decades and he took a strategy that that played into Conor McGregors strengths as a fighter. Then he would lose.

<DontBelieve1>

Conor’s lack of a gas tank.
images

Is Usman sloppy on his feet? even Khabib who isnt a striker was able to stand his ground with Conor, even dropping him once, im not dismissing Conor on this fight, but its not like Usman will try to stand and trade only cause Conor is a little smaller than him.

Love how all these noobs have never watched Usman. He stands and bangs for 1 fight against another elite wrestler and suddenly he will do that with everyone. No. He dominates take downs and clinches. Let’s see Conor eat those standing body shots in the clinch Woodley was eating. Conor would gas twice as quick as normal.

There is little doubt that he would pressure and punish Conor imo. Not saying that Conor couldn't catch him properly but his style is Conor's bane in so many ways.

Would still watch with...

200.gif

Because Snoozeman will break his word and abandon his tough guy talk of standing with Conor. No way will he risk the humiliation of getting KTFO by a featherweight.

Well he's never lost in the ufc.

He's one fight from equaling GSP win record in that division.

His two biggest strengths are Conors biggest weaknesses.

He's the biggest guy in a division Conor would have to move up in.

Conor lost to nate a ww who got demolished by actual ww there.

Anymore? Or do you need more? Nuthugger

Back