When usman vs Edwards does historic lows

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Its going to be lols on usman. I'm a Leon fan he's done nothing wrong other than win fights and not be good.on the mic. Usman is a great fighter but a major douche and way too hard to root for. Conor will fight Anderson. Jorge will fight either Nate or Colby. That leaves Leon. If this fight materializes, it will be the lowest rated title fight ever. Usman could have had a huge payday but he and Ali got greedy now they will.have to settle for 35k/35k, def not Anderson Silva money. The name kamaru usman money is going to mean the exact opposite of Anderson Silva money in the near future.

If you're a fan of the UFC you watch fights regardless of personalities. I dont give a shred of a fuck how many PPVs these events do nowadays I just want to see the best vs the best.

Great but what does that have anything to do with the premise of this thread.

It definitely won't be the lowest rated title fight ever or even close to it. Maybe if you mean just the last year or so.

It will be low though, but who cares? Only Usman should care because he's the one that gets PPV points but it's not like anybody other than McGregor who obviously would never fight him would be life changing money.

The Jorge fight would be a bump but it's not like that can't still happen unless he loses (Leon/Jorge would be a good fight for the UFC probs). Do we even know for sure that fight isn't happening because of the money Usman is asking for or are we just taking Masvidal's word?

So what you're saying is you like the one douche who wins but can't talk but dislike the other douche who wins but can't talk

Usman isn’t done growing. If he adds some more vicious GnP his style becomes 10x more interesting. He’s a fookin light heavyweight fighting in the welterweight division.

It wouldn’t main event a PPV so it’s a moot point. Co-main written all over it.

I’m all for watching the best fight the best.

Its going to be lols on usman. I'm a Leon fan he's done nothing wrong other than win fights and not be good.on the mic. Usman is a great fighter but a major douche and way too hard to root for. Conor will fight Anderson. Jorge will fight either Nate or Colby. That leaves Leon. If this fight materializes, it will be the lowest rated title fight ever. Usman could have had a huge payday but he and Ali got greedy now they will.have to settle for 35k/35k, def not Anderson Silva money. The name kamaru usman money is going to mean the exact opposite of Anderson Silva money in the near future.
I think Leon is missing that big performance that has people wanting him fighting for the title

Usman isn’t done growing. If he adds some more vicious GnP his style becomes 10x more interesting. He’s a fookin light heavyweight fighting in the welterweight division.
Yeah. He just needs to keep winning.

I don't even think he needs a lot of finishes. Just shut his mouth and fight often. At some point people is going to either love him for being dominant or hating him for the same reason and start hyping his rivals.

He has all the tools for having that invincible aura that all draws had at some point.

How did Colby vs Usman do? Seemed a pretty popular card. Wish we still got PPV #'s.

UFC 245 Fighter Payouts
Kamaru Usman: $500,000
Colby Covington: $500,000

Edit: not that I think Leon vs Usman will hold anywhere near the same interest level.

It's Usmans fault for being greedy with Masvidal. It's better for his career if he just accepted a smaller check.

Masivdal won't fight him for a smaller purse
Conor ain't fighting him

Leon Edwards wants to fight him but Usman is like nah.
Woodley wanted a rematch

Great but what does that have anything to do with the premise of this thread.

Because PPV numbers are irrelevant with the espn deal. Who cares who sells what. If you enjoy the sport you'll tune in, and if you're not you wont.

You guys are crazy if you think he's fighting Anderson. He's not fighting Anderson or Usman. He talks a big game but I really dont think he will back it up.

He's not gonna change his style at this point, with how shot his knee and shoulder joints are I think he's looking for one or two paydays before retiring.

Do we even know for sure that fight isn't happening because of the money Usman is asking for or are we just taking Masvidal's word?

Don't know for sure, but it caused a lot of issues negotiating for the Colby fight.

When Usman/Edwards do historic lows it will be because of their fight styles. Shockingly, it turns out that the masses much prefer stand up fights.

Back